June LSATHelp: filing cimplain to test center

Honey_Badger

Re: June LSATHelp: filing cimplain to test center

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 pm

I was there too...and I already called LSAC. The guy I spoke with was really nice (which helped while I was crying on I-95) and told me to fax in a complaint before Sunday. I told him I want to retake at a different location in October, no charge.
Time for another beer.....

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:I was there too...and I already called LSAC. The guy I spoke with was really nice (which helped while I was crying on I-95) and told me to fax in a complaint before Sunday. I told him I want to retake at a different location in October, no charge.

I emailed them, I cried in supermarket in front of the meat section, other people probably think I am a vegan or something.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

jing87 wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:I was there too...and I already called LSAC. The guy I spoke with was really nice (which helped while I was crying on I-95) and told me to fax in a complaint before Sunday. I told him I want to retake at a different location in October, no charge.

I emailed them, I cried in supermarket in front of the meat section, other people probably think I am a vegan or something.

Unless you get something other than an automated email reply, I would FAX IN your complaint.
Also, I know you don't want to retake, but what are the other options? It's not like LSAC is going to add on points just because there was a fucking parade through our room. :roll:
Take it over, otherwise you won't know if your score is true or not (and how many of those points might have earned you scholarship money, etc.)

Your vegan comment made me laugh in the midst of all this. :lol:

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
jing87 wrote:

Unless you get something other than an automated email reply, I would FAX IN your complaint.
Also, I know you don't want to retake, but what are the other options? It's not like LSAC is going to add on points just because there was a fucking parade through our room. :roll:
Take it over, otherwise you won't know if your score is true or not (and how many of those points might have earned you scholarship money, etc.)

I did get an automated email reply! I will fax a complain too, I just don"t know if I should cancel the score, since some school average them...glad can make you laugh, I need a drink too, hopefully after a bad hangover tomorrow we all will feel better.

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

I know you're joking, but still thanks! I do feel better now, in our country, people always say: Stopped crying for not having new shoes, there are some people in the world even don't have feet :D

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 pm

jing87 wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
jing87 wrote:

I did get an automated email reply! I will fax a complain too, I just don"t know if I should cancel the score, since some school average them...glad can make you laugh, I need a drink too, hopefully after a bad hangover tomorrow we all will feel better.

Don't cancel. If your score is THAT bad, then your retake will be awesome. You could always include a brief statement about the first experience in an addendum if it's a huge discrepancy and your top choices DEFINITELY average.
If your score is decent and your retake is around the same (and assuming your schools average the scores...) then your average should be reflective of your scores.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:
Also, your story sounds like racist bullshit. Teenagers in a college? Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.

Well, I was there, and it's not racist bullshit. The Talmudic College is specifically for Orthodox Jews. That's not racist, it's a fact which must be stated because the students (who yes, were younger than college age--gee, maybe DAY SCHOOL?) are REQUIRED to wear their hats and jackets to certain places and those items were in the same testing room.
Stop talking out of your ass.

Lol. Why do you assume that the hats and jackets were for the teenagers? Since when do teenagers attend a University? Also, even if you are right and the teenagers were part of some day school project at the Talmudic University, they sound like truants or rejects, not normal ORTHODOX JEWS or any other type of jew that I know of. I do not believe that the OP is racist, after his last comment. Again, I knew many Jewish people growing up. None of them would act this way.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Banging on windows and running in and out of rooms is how we pray.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:34 pm

jing87 wrote:

I know you're joking, but still thanks! I do feel better now, in our country, people always say: Stopped crying for not having new shoes, there are some people in the world even don't have feet :D

I feel bad for you, OP, and I doubt you have anything against Jews (otherwise you wouldn't want to go to law school, right?). I wish you the best of luck in the future.

anon sequitur

Postby anon sequitur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 pm

roaringeagle wrote:Lol. Why do you assume that the hats and jackets were for the teenagers? Since when do teenagers attend a University? Also, even if you are right and the teenagers were part of some day school project at the Talmudic University, they sound like truants or rejects, not normal ORTHODOX JEWS or any other type of jew that I know of. I do not believe that the OP is racist, after his last comment. Again, I knew many Jewish people growing up. None of them would act this way.

Why are you being such an aggressive idiot? It's summer, they're probably teenagers there for a summer program. This is not a difficult problem to work out.

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
jing87 wrote:

I feel bad for you, OP, and I doubt you have anything against Jews (otherwise you wouldn't want to go to law school, right?). I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Thanks, the king of Queens!

Map Cat

Postby Map Cat » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 pm

roaringeagle wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:
Also, your story sounds like racist bullshit. Teenagers in a college? Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.

Well, I was there, and it's not racist bullshit. The Talmudic College is specifically for Orthodox Jews. That's not racist, it's a fact which must be stated because the students (who yes, were younger than college age--gee, maybe DAY SCHOOL?) are REQUIRED to wear their hats and jackets to certain places and those items were in the same testing room.

Lol. Why do you assume that the hats and jackets were for the teenagers? Since when do teenagers attend a University? Also, even if you are right and the teenagers were part of some day school project at the Talmudic University, they sound like truants or rejects, not normal ORTHODOX JEWS or any other type of jew that I know of. I do not believe that the OP is racist, after his last comment. Again, I knew many Jewish people growing up. None of them would act this way.

Do you think teenagers are not allowed on a university campus or something? My undergrad had high school kids there twice a semester for regional drama competitions, day school programs in the summer, and orientation for incoming freshmen (aka teenagers).

Stop acting like Jews can do no wrong because the ones you happened to know weren't rowdy. You've said that twice and it sounds more idiotic each time. When you defend disrespectful behavior based only on religious affiliation, the only thing you accomplish is disrespecting that affiliation.

-A Jew

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 pm

roaringeagle wrote:Again, I knew many Jewish people growing up. None of them would act this way.

I think this flaw appeared at least twice today.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Map Cat wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:

Do you think teenagers are not allowed on a university campus or something? My undergrad had high school kids there twice a semester for regional drama competitions, day school programs in the summer, and orientation for incoming freshmen (aka teenagers).

Stop acting like Jews can do no wrong because the ones you happened to know weren't rowdy. You've said that twice and it sounds more idiotic each time. When you defend disrespectful behavior based only on religious affiliation, the only thing you accomplish is disrespecting that affiliation.

-A Jew

There's a bit of a difference between being "rowdy" and intentionally disrupting a standardized test. The story sounds bizarre to me.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 pm

LexLeon wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:Again, I knew many Jewish people growing up. None of them would act this way.

I think this flaw appeared at least twice today.

+1

Map Cat

Postby Map Cat » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 pm

roaringeagle wrote:There's a bit of a difference between being "rowdy" and intentionally disrupting a standardized test. The story sounds bizarre to me.

Why, because you're glorifying Jews and think that none would ever misbehave?

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 pm

-A Jew

There's a bit of a difference between being "rowdy" and intentionally disrupting a standardized test. The story sounds bizarre to me.

If the story sounds bizarre to roaringeagle, then it MUST be false.
What a tool.

They were both rowdy AND intentionally disrupting a test. Being Jewish has nothing to do with it, other than they needed their attire. I KNOW the hats and jackets were theirs because I SAW them putting it on their actual BODIES. The fact that you "knew Jews" growing up means so little to those of us the real world. You obviously know very little about the different types of Judaism, so again, stop talking out of your [ignorant] ass.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
jing87 wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
jing87 wrote:I emailed them, I cried in supermarket in front of the meat section, other people probably think I am a vegan or something.

Don't cancel. If your score is THAT bad, then your retake will be awesome. You could always include a brief statement about the first experience in an addendum if it's a huge discrepancy and your top choices DEFINITELY average.
If your score is decent and your retake is around the same (and assuming your schools average the scores...) then your average should be reflective of your scores.

Also - important to remember that the large majority of schools do not average your scores - they take the highest. So keep that in mind.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 pm

This seems like a huge racist trolling. If not, idk

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Map Cat wrote:
roaringeagle wrote:There's a bit of a difference between being "rowdy" and intentionally disrupting a standardized test. The story sounds bizarre to me.

I'm not glorifying anyone or stating that the event did not happen. Nor do I think that the OP is racist. However the behavior displayed by the teenagers does not seem to be normal behavior for any teenagers, be they Jewish or not. That is what is bizarre to me.

MeSoLitigious

Postby MeSoLitigious » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm

OP, I'm sorry you had a hard time. I think you should consider canceling your score IF you believe you did that poorly.

Since it seems you are new to the country, I'll explain something to you that can make your stay here happier. When you are describing a person or a group of people, the only time you should characterize them by their race/religion/ethnicity/national origin is when that info is RELEVANT to the topic of conversation. Otherwise, in America, all people are just people, in theory anyway. It's the basis of our nation actually. So when you repeatedly described the troublemakers as JEWS, it gives the impression that their religion was relevant to the discussion as you see it. Otherwise, you would have said that "students" "teenagers" or "punks" "obnoxious kids" "idiots" or "jerks" rushed in and out of the room. Can you understand this? This is why people got offended by your post. If you don't want to offend people and look like a racist, then try seeing and talking about people as just people, with no mention of race/religion/ethnicity etc.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

roaringeagle wrote:
Map Cat wrote:

I'm not glorifying anyone or stating that the event did not happen. Nor do I think that the OP is racist. However the behavior displayed by the teenagers does not seem to be normal behavior for any teenagers, be they Jewish or not. That is what is bizarre to me.

...Seriously? Being inconsiderate, loud, and unobservant are descriptors applicable to EVERY teenager. Except apparently the ones you know. Still not sure why you're so shocked/confused/concerned by this.

TERS

Postby TERS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

1. How do you classify a Jewish person? Is it a person who has a certain bloodline or discernible physical characteristics? Is it simply someone who practices the Jewish faith?

2. "Race" has an incredibly broad definition, but when you're calling someone racist aren't you really saying they're taking issue with someone because of their biology/physical characteristics?

As I see it, OP is being culturally/religiously ignorant in that she feels it's necessary to mention that the teenagers were Jewish...

I'm not an apologist, but seriously, there's a difference between ignorance and racism...

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:

If the story sounds bizarre to roaringeagle, then it MUST be false.
What a tool.

I dont see where he said it MUST be false. He said it sounded Bizarre. Not the same thing.

ITT: Teenagers sabotage an LSAT administration.

MSL wrote:Since it seems you are new to the country, I'll explain something to you that can make your stay here happier. When you are describing a person or a group of people, the only time you should characterize them by their race/religion/ethnicity/national origin is when that info is RELEVANT to the topic of conversation. Otherwise, in America, all people are just people, in theory anyway. It's the basis of our nation actually. So when you repeatedly described the troublemakers as JEWS, it gives the impression that their religion was relevant to the discussion as you see it. Otherwise, you would have said that "students" "teenagers" or "punks" "obnoxious kids" "idiots" or "jerks" rushed in and out of the room. Can you understand this? This is why people got offended by your post. If you don't want to offend people and look like a racist, then try seeing and talking about people as just people, with no mention of race/religion/ethnicity etc.

+1 thank you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”