June LSATHelp: filing cimplain to test center

jing87

June LSATHelp: filing cimplain to test center

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Just finished the June LSAT, cried out loud for about 15 min...I am not trying to make an excuse here ,but I did prepare very hard for this exam, my last pre-test with powerscore was 168 and I was hoping i could score around 170 by the real test, but now it seems so impossible due to that damn test center.
My test center is at Talmudic college, Florida, Miami. It's a very small school and most students are Jewish teenagers (not trying to make any racial dispute here). Right when we started our first session, some kids screamed very loud outside , later, someone knocked our window then ran away. Minutes later, someone started playing music outside the door, the protocol teacher went outside shouted to them:stop it ! Later, several Jewish students started rushing into our classroom (I am not exaggerating here, the door can't be locked, so they just pushed the door and came inside), they ran inside laughing at us then ran out. This was continueed the whole session. Because of this, after the first session, we had to stop there about 10minutes before the second session ,quote the protocol teacher "in case those kids coming back".
The second session was better, fewer running in, though a kid opened the door tried to disturb the girl sat next to it.
I knew my exam was done after the first 20min, it's just so unbelievable ,how can LSAT use this horrible place as test center? We are thinking to make a complain to LSAT, but what can we get from that? A free retake? I don't care it's free or not, I don't want a retake!
Just can't image have to go over all the study process again, also I don't know if I should cancel my score, since I heard many school, especially those first tier average your scores.
Anyone in the future gonna take LSAT at Miami, avoiding this place!
Anyone any suggestion, please..I am going to cry again.

shifty_eyed

Re: June LSATHelp: filing cimplain to test center

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 pm

How the fuck did you manage to score a 168 on a practice LSAT?

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 pm

jing87 wrote:1.(not trying to make any racial dispute here).

2. We are thinking to make a complain to LSAT, but what can we get from that? A free retake? I don't care it's free or not, I don't want a retake!

1.Then why do you keep qualifying them specifically as Jewish?

2. Then wtf do you want?

lol
Last edited by Nova on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Can I pose this question in a less stupid form? There were people cheering in the room next to us for the first section.

Do we just go on the LSAC website to submit a complaint? Gracias.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 pm

If you can't deal with Jewish people then don't go to law school. We are ORMs.

anon sequitur

Postby anon sequitur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:How the fuck did you manage to score a 168 on a practice LSAT?

OP writes like a non-native speaker, probably Chinese. Writing well is much harder than reading well, I knew a guy who scored a 172, but was difficult to understand in everyday conversation.

Anyway, to the original poster, my sympathies, that sucks. Unfortunately, the best you can hope for is a free retake. If you're quite sure you didn't get near your best score, go ahead and cancel. Nothing more to do I'm afraid.

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 pm

MillerTheThriller wrote:If you can't deal with Jewish people then don't go to law school. We are ORMs.

sorry I have nothing against Jew, it just happened to be a Jewish school.

Fletcher Reed

Postby Fletcher Reed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 pm

OP is mad that they made her take her (white) hood off.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Fletcher Reed wrote:OP is mad that they made her take her (white) hood off.

OPs username is "jing" so s/he is probably Asian.

I think English is just her/his non-native language.

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

anon sequitur wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:How the fuck did you manage to score a 168 on a practice LSAT?

OP writes like a non-native speaker, probably Chinese. Writing well is much harder than reading well, I knew a guy who scored a 172, but was difficult to understand in everyday conversation.

Anyway, to the original poster, my sympathies, that sucks. Unfortunately, the best you can hope for is a free retake. If you're quite sure you didn't get near your best score, go ahead and cancel. Nothing more to do I'm afraid.

I agree.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Was this a high school? High school kids...

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:35 pm

jing87 wrote:
MillerTheThriller wrote:If you can't deal with Jewish people then don't go to law school. We are ORMs.

sorry I have nothing against Jew, it just happened to be a Jewish school.

Ha I know. And in you're own unique way of using the English language, I got a good laugh at the Jew/you unintentional homophone.

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm

ben4847 wrote:Was this a high school? High school kids...

it's a college, but most students I saw there are teenagers.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 pm

anon sequitur wrote: Writing well is much harder than reading well, I knew a guy who scored a 172, but was difficult to understand in everyday conversation.

This describes my spanish skills perfectly. Poor listener, poor speaker, ok writer, good reader.

Miller wrote:I got a good laugh at the Jew/you unintentional homophone.

Hah! Me too :lol:

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Nova wrote:
anon sequitur wrote: Writing well is much harder than reading well, I knew a guy who scored a 172, but was difficult to understand in everyday conversation.

This describes my spanish skills perfectly. Poor listener, poor speaker, ok writer, good reader.

Miller wrote:I got a good laugh at the Jew/you unintentional homophone.

Hah! Me too :lol:

Glad my misery can make some people laugh :roll: make m feel better.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I emailed them. hee hee

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:47 pm

ben4847 wrote:I emailed them. hee hee

you there too today?

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

jing87 wrote:
ben4847 wrote:I emailed them. hee hee

you there too today?

nope. I'm a rising 3L. I just took an interest in this thread, and googled them and emailed.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

jing87 wrote:Just finished the June LSAT, cried out loud for about 15 min...I am not trying to make an excuse here ,but I did prepare very hard for this exam, my last pre-test with powerscore was 168 and I was hoping i could score around 170 by the real test, but now it seems so impossible due to that damn test center.
My test center is at Talmudic college, Florida, Miami. It's a very small school and most students are Jewish teenagers (not trying to make any racial dispute here). Right when we started our first session, some kids screamed very loud outside , later, someone knocked our window then ran away. Minutes later, someone started playing music outside the door, the protocol teacher went outside shouted to them:stop it ! Later, several Jewish students started rushing into our classroom (I am not exaggerating here, the door can't be locked, so they just pushed the door and came inside), they ran inside laughing at us then ran out. This was continueed the whole session. Because of this, after the first session, we had to stop there about 10minutes before the second session ,quote the protocol teacher "in case those kids coming back".
The second session was better, fewer running in, though a kid opened the door tried to disturb the girl sat next to it.
I knew my exam was done after the first 20min, it's just so unbelievable ,how can LSAT use this horrible place as test center? We are thinking to make a complain to LSAT, but what can we get from that? A free retake? I don't care it's free or not, I don't want a retake!
Just can't image have to go over all the study process again, also I don't know if I should cancel my score, since I heard many school, especially those first tier average your scores.

I cried reading your butchery of the English language.

"to make a complain"

"just can't image"

Also, your story sounds like racist bullshit. Teenagers in a college? Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm

roaringeagle wrote:
jing87 wrote: Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.

http://www.talmudicu.edu/About_faculty.php

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

roaringeagle wrote:
jing87 wrote:Just finished the June LSAT, cried out loud for about 15 min...I am not trying to make an excuse here ,but I did prepare very hard for this exam, my last pre-test with powerscore was 168 and I was hoping i could score around 170 by the real test, but now it seems so impossible due to that damn test center.

"to make a complain"

"just can't image"

Also, your story sounds like racist bullshit. Teenagers in a college? Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.

You can get all the answers by simply google the school's name,but probably that is too hard for some single cell creature ,for whom the only thing he can be proud of is his dad's best swimmer made him a native speaker.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:14 pm

"to make a complain"

"just can't image"

Also, your story sounds like racist bullshit. Teenagers in a college? Also what school calls itself "Talmudic College" That's like a Catholic School calling itself New Testament College.[/quote]

You can get all the answers by simply google the school's name,but probably that is too hard for some single cell creature ,for whom the only thing he can be proud of is his dad's best swimmer made him a native speaker.[/quote]

Lol. I just assumed you were lying. If you look at pictures of the people in Talmudic University which I still think is a retarded name, you will see that they are not teenagers. Where did the teenagers come from? Perhaps the college has an outreach program to some tough love Jewish teenager school. I have had many Jewish friends growing up, none of whom would do the things you describe.

pat4redick

Postby pat4redick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 pm

I was there today as well. I can vouch for the shitty circumstances described by the OP. At the same time, it personally didn't have that large of impact on my first section. Still managed to finish LR with 4-5 minutes. I can imagine it bothered others, though. *sigh* And that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose!

jing87

Postby jing87 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:49 pm

roaringeagle wrote:I cried reading your butchery of the English language.

"to make a complain"

"just can't image"

You can get all the answers by simply google the school's name,but probably that is too hard for some single cell creature ,for whom the only thing he can be proud of is his dad's best swimmer made him a native speaker.[/quote]

Lol. I just assumed you were lying. If you look at pictures of the people in Talmudic University which I still think is a retarded name, you will see that they are not teenagers. Where did the teenagers come from? Perhaps the college has an outreach program to some tough love Jewish teenager school. I have had many Jewish friends growing up, none of whom would do the things you describe.[/quote]

None of the Jewish people I know would act that way either. It is a college, but there are students at different age group, I am not sure if that is some outreach program, but the school seems very poor, their library (also our test center) is in a trailer.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:53 pm

roaringeagle wrote:

Well, I was there, and it's not racist bullshit. The Talmudic College is specifically for Orthodox Jews. That's not racist, it's a fact which must be stated because the students (who yes, were younger than college age--gee, maybe DAY SCHOOL?) are REQUIRED to wear their hats and jackets to certain places and those items were in the same testing room.
Stop talking out of your ass.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”