Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby kcam1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Any takers?

ejrubin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby ejrubin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:04 pm

YES, I had two RC's to start of the test and I'm not sure which was experimental. I frankly don't really remember the passsages, but anyone know if it the first one or the second one?

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby kcam1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


PM :cry:

ejrubin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby ejrubin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:13 pm

kcam1991 wrote:
Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


PM :cry:


yahh, me too.

ejrubin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby ejrubin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


I'm not 100% sure, but as long as you don't use specifics I think this is legit.

Trips
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Trips » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


Was it the hard one, or the easy one?

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 pm

It says pms are ban worthy so just get a mod to ok it or I'm sure there are less neurotic ppl on TLS who aren't afraid of big brother lsac watching me as I type
Lol

ejrubin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby ejrubin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Anyone less neurotic people know the answer to this question or whether this discussion is permissible?

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby dsb83 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Without specifics has been acceptable in the past. The real RC contained a passages about a Clinton blackness commentator and slamming particles together. Hope that helps.

cvntstscrty
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby cvntstscrty » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm

LSAC’s “Instructions for the Day of the Test” state: “Legal action may be taken against anyone who removes test materials and/or reproduces test material in any way, or shares LSAT test content prior to LSAC’s disclosure of that test.” This includes specific question content from the unscored section of the test. Please refrain from further discussion of ALL December 2010 LSAT questions.
 
Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.

ejrubin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby ejrubin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 pm

dsb83 wrote:Without specifics has been acceptable in the past. The real RC contained a passages about a Clinton blackness commentator and slamming particles together. Hope that helps.


Hmm...my brain is mush and I cannot remember which section had which. I can't remember if this was the second RC or the first?

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby dsb83 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:06 pm

I PT in the 175-180 range and found the RC to be especially challenging. I don't think I can say much more. But a word of advice, knowing isn't going to help. Until you get your score back, there is going to be a great deal of uncertainty.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Icculus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm

cvntstscrty wrote:LSAC’s  Please refrain from further discussion of ALL December 2010 LSAT questions.
 
Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.


Looks like someone forgot to update the prerecorded message.

tlink1990
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby tlink1990 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi I'm new and apparently I don't understand the LSAT all that well. But I only had one RC section.. What's up with that? Does that mean they write multiple experimental sections? I had two games sections in mine.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Icculus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 pm

tlink1990 wrote:Hi I'm new and apparently I don't understand the LSAT all that well. But I only had one RC section.. What's up with that? Does that mean they write multiple experimental sections? I had two games sections in mine.


Each person may have different experimental sections, and they can be any one of the sections. If you had two games sections, one was experimental.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 pm

tlink1990 wrote:Hi I'm new and apparently I don't understand the LSAT all that well. But I only had one RC section.. What's up with that? Does that mean they write multiple experimental sections? I had two games sections in mine.


Your not allows to talk about specifics. But if it helps, not everyone has the same experimental

tlink1990
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby tlink1990 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Icculus wrote:
tlink1990 wrote:Hi I'm new and apparently I don't understand the LSAT all that well. But I only had one RC section.. What's up with that? Does that mean they write multiple experimental sections? I had two games sections in mine.


Each person may have different experimental sections, and they can be any one of the sections. If you had two games sections, one was experimental.

Cool thanks for your help

User avatar
bondja
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby bondja » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Edited - That security dude freaked me out. Took down my super vague post.
Last edited by bondja on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shasha Dew Dew
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Shasha Dew Dew » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Shasha Dew Dew on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby kcam1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks you all so much

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23647
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby chup » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

ejrubin wrote:
kcam1991 wrote:
Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


PM :cry:


yahh, me too.

That's cute that you think you're skirting the rules, but this shit isn't allowed either.

If something can get you banned, soliciting that thing via PM will also get you banned.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

chup wrote:
ejrubin wrote:
kcam1991 wrote:
Br3v wrote:I know which was real but I don't think you can ask this, if you get a mods approval I will let you know.


PM :cry:


yahh, me too.

That's cute that you think you're skirting the rules, but this shit isn't allowed either.

If something can get you banned, soliciting that thing via PM will also get you banned.


Br3v wrote:It says pms are ban worthy so just get a mod to ok it or I'm sure there are less neurotic ppl on TLS who aren't afraid of big brother lsac watching me as I type
Lol


Thought so

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 pm

To be fair, discussing the content of the passages is not inherently illegal, as the passages are excerpts from other published works... Using that information to undermine the validity of the test is wrong, but in itself direct quotation of actual RC passages isn't by default illegal...to my knowledge at least.

That said, I don't participate in discussing the test, I prefer to play it safe, and most importantly I signed a document saying I wouldn't, and I'd hate to base the rest of my legal career on a lie.

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23647
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Anybody know which RC was not the experimental?

Postby chup » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:To be fair, discussing the content of the passages is not inherently illegal, as the passages are excerpts from other published works... Using that information to undermine the validity of the test is wrong, but in itself direct quotation of actual RC passages isn't by default illegal...to my knowledge at least.

That said, I don't participate in discussing the test, I prefer to play it safe, and most importantly I signed a document saying I wouldn't, and I'd hate to base the rest of my legal career on a lie.

This is an internet forum and we are not police officers. "Illegality" is not the standard for what's kosher and what's not.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, dontsaywhatyoumean, HokieHi307, SunDevil14 and 5 guests