So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

BlackadderIn
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby BlackadderIn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

MillerTheThriller wrote:Honestly I thought the LG was easy, for me, it was 1 very tough RC passage and very ambiguous LR. LR in my opinion was not the type of LR seen on the vast majority of other tests.


Did you also have two RC and found one of them hard?

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Paraflam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:59 pm

HOLY GAME SPACE

Shasha Dew Dew
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Shasha Dew Dew » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Shasha Dew Dew on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

tlink1990
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby tlink1990 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Harlyn wrote:
Rehmsmeyer wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:
Rehmsmeyer wrote:LG was super stereotypical and, for me, super easy. I believe it was the best I have ever done and probably got 1-3 wrong max. There was a 2nd LG (and CRAZY DIFFICULT) for me that had to be the experimental section. The questions were not that different from what you normally see, but the given information seemed MUCH less helpful and it was like there was a much wider gap of information to be filled in. As for RC/LR, I have done 90% of the available tests and would put this at the top of most difficult. The first 10 for me in LR are always very obvious and at most I might miss 1, this time I felt like I was struggling from the get-go. I always suck at RC, but it didn't see much different, just harder to get through.

Pretty sure the second LG was real if you had LR-LG-RC-LR-LG.


I understand what a lot of people's logic here is. I heard some people saying that the experimental section is typically in the first 3. I thought to my self, yeah, that's because statistically it has a greater chance to be -_- (60% vs 40%) However, there is absolutely no way. Out of the 30-40 tests I've taken, the first LG was just like all of the others and the second was the definition of "experimental".

Individuals who took the test and had only one LG have confirmed that the first LG was experimental.

The only reason why I think this is wrong is based on the number of questions. The first LG for me was 27, while the other was 23. But, for it to be mathematically correct, it would have to be the 27 one

Alex071791
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Alex071791 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Hardest game section I have ever seen IMO since the early 90s, including June 2009 (Dinosaur Game). Am I among the majority here? I had to guess on around 7 questions (here's hoping for D!). But then again, I breezed through both LRs and the RC, finishing with just under 5 minutes left on all of them. I guess that's how they repay us for tanking the majority of our LG scores?

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Alex071791 wrote:Hardest game section I have ever seen IMO since the early 90s, including June 2009 (Dinosaur Game). Am I among the majority here? I had to guess on around 7 questions (here's hoping for D!). But then again, I breezed through both LRs and the RC, finishing with just under 5 minutes left on all of them. I guess that's how they repay us for tanking the majority of our LG scores?


No way. Was this your first time taking the real thing? That may be affecting your evaluation of the difficulty. I've taken it three times this year and I found the games section much easier than usual.

Rehmsmeyer
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Rehmsmeyer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Wily wrote:
Alex071791 wrote:Hardest game section I have ever seen IMO since the early 90s, including June 2009 (Dinosaur Game). Am I among the majority here? I had to guess on around 7 questions (here's hoping for D!). But then again, I breezed through both LRs and the RC, finishing with just under 5 minutes left on all of them. I guess that's how they repay us for tanking the majority of our LG scores?


No way. Was this your first time taking the real thing? That may be affecting your evaluation of the difficulty. I've taken it three times this year and I found the games section much easier than usual.


Wily, did your games seem to be much different than what you have seen in the past, or typical?

bdm261
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 am

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby bdm261 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

A side question: on one of the LR questions I decided to change my answer a few seconds before the section ended. I was able to darken an oval before time was called but I didn't have the chance to erase my previous mark. Tempting as it was, I resisted the urge to erase the old mark even though I was sure I could have gotten away with it. The second oval I filled in though was kind of just half filled because they called time just as I was filling it and then I stopped and put my pencil down. So how will that question be scored? Will they disqualify that response or score the oval that's more filled than the other?

Alex071791
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Alex071791 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Well I had the LGX as well, which was very easy and posed me no problems, so it wasn't the testing environment that made it difficult for me. I also can't imagine that many people thought the games were easy considering that I am SURE the LR and RC were easier than normal, meaning I think you might have just been in the zone Wily (especially considering the rest of this thread's reaction the games).

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Rehmsmeyer wrote:
Wily wrote:
Alex071791 wrote:Hardest game section I have ever seen IMO since the early 90s, including June 2009 (Dinosaur Game). Am I among the majority here? I had to guess on around 7 questions (here's hoping for D!). But then again, I breezed through both LRs and the RC, finishing with just under 5 minutes left on all of them. I guess that's how they repay us for tanking the majority of our LG scores?


No way. Was this your first time taking the real thing? That may be affecting your evaluation of the difficulty. I've taken it three times this year and I found the games section much easier than usual.


Wily, did your games seem to be much different than what you have seen in the past, or typical?


I felt they my games were easier than October and December 2011, my other two takings, where I got -8 and -5 on LG, respectively. LG has always been my worst section, so to manage to get through it without running out of time means for me that it was "easy," relatively speaking.
Last edited by Wily on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex071791
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Alex071791 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Take a look at the rest of the board though :P

Not saying that you didn't do well—just that you did well on a hard section that the rest of us plebs had difficulty with haha

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Alex071791 wrote:Take a look at the rest of the board though :P

Not saying that you didn't do well—just that you did well on a hard section that the rest of us plebs had difficulty with haha


Haha, no problems. I think I did well this whole time around (vs. 165 and 168 on my previous two tests). Glad to be done with the LSAT for the rest of my life, can't deny that!

masticore99
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby masticore99 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm

I had RC RC LR LG LR

1st RC was really hard and the second was easy. The LR's were pretty standard. The LGs were totally unexpected for me.
Only 1 game was particularly concrete w/ conditional questions. I felt like the other 3 required more brute force.

I was PT in the 170-173, and I don't think I'm gonna crack 170 because of LG. *sigh*

User avatar
cc.celina
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby cc.celina » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Nova wrote:
agcl0913 wrote:
theprophet89 wrote:5 year anniversary since Comparative Reading iirc. Any new twists?


Yes - each LG got two pages. So much space to use I was overwhelmed. And confused when I opened the section.


are you kidding? wtf?


But actually! It COMPLETELY threw me off. I was like, what do I do with all this space? So then I wrote really big and disorganized and it was really hard to use my previous work =/ Luckily LG was my experimental, so I got used to it

homiedawg
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby homiedawg » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:40 pm

bdm261 wrote:I had LR, LR, RC, LR, LG. The three LR sections almost in a row made me burned out by time I got to LG. I think my first LR section was the experimental, some weird questions I haven't seen anything similar to on recent PTs.


This was my order as well. I also thought the first LR was the experimental. It seemed harder to me and the other two went super well. I am hoping that was the experimental....

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23647
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby chup » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Just as a reminder, identifying the TYPES of games (sequence, grouping, &c.) will get you banned.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby Honey_Badger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm

One of my games was (IMO) tougher than the other. I didn't mind RC at all.

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm

nigeriansiberian wrote:Does anyone know which LR was experimental. My sections were ordered as RC LR LR LG LR. Was the last LR experimental or one of the first 2?


I think the experimental LR was the 2nd section of the test, so the 1st section of LR total. The reason I think this is because section 2 and 3 both had 25 questions each and section 5 had 26 questions. Usually the LR's are split so that one has 25 and the other has 26, leading to an exam of 101 questions total. (Granted, this is not always the case - some exams have 100 questions). Additionally, some of the topics being discussed in another thread I'm almost positive were from sections 3 and 5. I could be wrong though.

THANK YOU LSAC for spending an extra penny to provide us more recycled paper for the logic games!! I seriously thought the section was experimental at first because of the layout. SO MUCH ROOM!!

jmh
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby jmh » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Did anyone have a test that lasted 7 hours? We started our test at 3:15 Eastern time. they also ran out of chairs in our site so they had to bring in middle school style desks. and they almost had to give one of the students the main copy of the writing prompt because they ran out. this can't be normal!

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby patricksouthern » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Reposting this from the other thread:

Tremendously upset right now. I've been consistently PT-ing in the low-to-mid 170s in the past few weeks, and felt very good coming into today. Felt even better at break time, like I had steamrolled my first three sections.

But then ... LG happened. I had the LG experimental as my 2nd section (RC - LG - LR - LG - LR) and had done very well. But the actual one stumped me in a huge way. Not sure what happened. It all seems like a blur. The first game had only five questions and took me far longer than it should have. Plodded through the second game, looked at my watch, had only about 7 minutes left for the last two games. Panic mode. No easy answers in the last two games. Lots of pure guessing. I don't understand what happened. Felt like I watched my test explode in my face.

I honestly don't know how I calmed myself down for Section 5. Took me about 4-5 questions to get out of "Wow, you screwed that up royally" mode and get my head back in the game. Felt pretty good about my performance there. But if I do anything better than -10 on LG, I'll be surprised. And that makes me unbelievably sad.

I prepped like crazy for the last few months. Worked really, really hard. Yeah, I can retake in October, but what am I really going to learn between now and then that I didn't know today? That's really what's got me out of whack. And my GPA is really low (I'm definitely looking to be a super-splitter) so I NEED a high LSAT to get into schools many of you probably wouldn't even want to apply to.

Very depressed right now. Just can't believe that one bad section probably ruined the whole thing for me. Easily my worst LG performance since my diagnostic, and on the worst possible day.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 pm

patricksouthern wrote:Reposting this from the other thread:

Tremendously upset right now. I've been consistently PT-ing in the low-to-mid 170s in the past few weeks, and felt very good coming into today. Felt even better at break time, like I had steamrolled my first three sections.

But then ... LG happened. I had the LG experimental as my 2nd section (RC - LG - LR - LG - LR) and had done very well. But the actual one stumped me in a huge way. Not sure what happened. It all seems like a blur. The first game had only five questions and took me far longer than it should have. Plodded through the second game, looked at my watch, had only about 7 minutes left for the last two games. Panic mode. No easy answers in the last two games. Lots of pure guessing. I don't understand what happened. Felt like I watched my test explode in my face.

I honestly don't know how I calmed myself down for Section 5. Took me about 4-5 questions to get out of "Wow, you screwed that up royally" mode and get my head back in the game. Felt pretty good about my performance there. But if I do anything better than -10 on LG, I'll be surprised. And that makes me unbelievably sad.

I prepped like crazy for the last few months. Worked really, really hard. Yeah, I can retake in October, but what am I really going to learn between now and then that I didn't know today? That's really what's got me out of whack. And my GPA is really low (I'm definitely looking to be a super-splitter) so I NEED a high LSAT to get into schools many of you probably wouldn't even want to apply to.

Very depressed right now. Just can't believe that one bad section probably ruined the whole thing for me. Easily my worst LG performance since my diagnostic, and on the worst possible day.


If spending 7 minutes on the last two games is not typical, you should cancel you score and retake it. If this really was abnormal because something just didn't 'click,' you do not need learn anything new to do better in October.

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I thought the LR was EASY. Generally LR is my best section though.

There was one question on the RC that I'm dying to discuss.


Agreed. LR was extremely easy.

RC wasn't difficult, but I couldn't focus on any of the passages (blanked out after reading each of the passage) because it was my first section and I was thinking "WTF IS GOING ON"

LG was easy as well.

Definitely a standard June exam with a -8 curve.

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby d0rklord » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Are we allowed to say anything about the test yet? Lol. I'd like to clarify which RC was non-exp but... I dont want to get banned!
Last edited by d0rklord on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sjwest
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby sjwest » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

nigeriansiberian wrote:Does anyone know which LR was experimental. My sections were ordered as RC LR LR LG LR. Was the last LR experimental or one of the first 2?


I noticed that 2 of the LR sections had 26 questions and the other had 25. If both of the 26 question sections were in, that would make the test 102 questions, so I am pretty sure that one of those 2 are the experimental questions sections. I had the same order as you, and for me, the 25 question section was section 3.

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby d0rklord » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm

[MOD EDIT]




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, DumbHollywoodActor, EWofNell, Instrumental, Pozzo, qemini1594, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests