So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

chup

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Postby chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I thought the LR was EASY. Generally LR is my best section though.

There was one question on the RC that I'm dying to discuss.

Lemme guess.. it deals with voices and who said what in the a b passage..?

Thin ice.

jigglebottom

Postby jigglebottom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 pm

chup wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I thought the LR was EASY. Generally LR is my best section though.

Thin ice.

My b

Rehmsmeyer

Postby Rehmsmeyer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
chup wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:

Thin ice.

My b

Keep walkin', bro. It hasn't broken yet, just thin :)

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:21 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
chup wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:

Thin ice.

My b

This is code for passage B. Ban him.

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Rehmsmeyer wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:Thin ice.

My b

Keep walkin', bro. It hasn't broken yet, just thin :)[/quote]

+1 what is the ramification of a ban??

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:13 pm

No news here, but I found the test to be rather...odd. RC was the same dry, esoteric blah-blah as always, but it didn't strike me as either particularly easy or difficult. LG really wasn't that bad, but LG is one of my best sections so idk. I did get off to a rocky start on LG, probably due to the two-page deal, but I was able to finish the section with time left over. Now, about LR. I wouldn't say that LR was hard, per se, or at least not any harder than your typical LR sections. I completely agree that those sections just felt weird. The wording of certain parts was just unfamiliar enough to leave me staring blankly like "WUT??" for a few seconds before I put it all together. And there was the occasional infuriatingly ambiguous term that just made no sense whatsoever. LR is always my wildcard section, though, so I feel like this was no different. I either crushed it or I'm going to Cooley. Whatever.

The weirdest thing about the whole test is that I honestly have no clue how I did. On PT, I usually had at least a general sense of how my score would turn out. But with this one, I got nothin'. Ughh.

FlatFox

Postby FlatFox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

shinton88 wrote:The weirdest thing about the whole test is that I honestly have no clue how I did. On PT, I usually had at least a general sense of how my score would turn out. But with this one, I got nothin'. Ughh.

Agreed. There were some individual questions that left my head spinning, but in general it could go a myriad of ways and I would not be surprised by any of them.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 pm

FlatFox wrote:
shinton88 wrote:The weirdest thing about the whole test is that I honestly have no clue how I did. On PT, I usually had at least a general sense of how my score would turn out. But with this one, I got nothin'. Ughh.

Agreed. There were some individual questions that left my head spinning, but in general it could go a myriad of ways and I would not be surprised by any of them.

come cry with us.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186690&start=1200

nyremy

Postby nyremy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Does anyone remember having a LR question with the prompt saying that the real reason behind revenue increasing was because of an increase in income? Trying to figure out if that one was real or experimental.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm

nyremy wrote:Does anyone remember having a LR question with the prompt saying that the real reason behind revenue increasing was because of an increase in income? Trying to figure out if that one was real or experimental.

I sure hope LSAC wouldn't ask us to suspend disbelief to the extent that it would take to accept that premise.

And no, I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

you cant discuss about test content

mmhazzie24

Postby mmhazzie24 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 am

Definitely surprised. It was my first time taking it, and to be honest I hadn't given myself necessary time to practice, in addition to having multiple funerals that took away from valuable study time (those of you who scoff the rule of three, i'm almost positive it's real). Nonetheless, I didn't feel entirely defeated by LR which I had three sections of (boy do I hope the third was experimental), and I normally do; this leads me to believe it wasn't a particularly hard LR. LG however, was tough. I could have killed myself for noting the time on my watch when the proctor said begin but immediately forgetting what time I started within minutes of the first game. It threw off my timing on all four games and I'm pretty sure that hurt me dearly. Although, I do agree the scenarios were straight forward. For me it was actually the break between sections which threw me off the most, I was feeling really good prior to the 15 minute break, and it turns out that was just enough time for my brain to check out for a bit. I definitely think I'll retake in October, now having a better sense of how things go.

Also, did anyone experience any room problems? I took it at Northwestern Law and our initial room was void of air conditioning...thank god they moved us

Stupe

Postby Stupe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:46 am

LR-LG-RC-LR-LG

Both LR sections were fairly easy I thought. Also, ninjas. Finished both with time to spare.

I thought the RC section was easy, but that's by far my best section anyway.

First LG.... Sweet Jesus. Nailed the first game but after that I couldn't get going at all. Did the last game but then found myself having to guess on the middle two. Going into the break I had a hunch that was the experimental section but I couldn't be sure.

Second LG: Immediate thought was "fuck yes." However, I didn't do as well on this as a normal LG. The games felt a little weird, a little ambiguous, and I'm really not sure how I did. Had to guess on several questions on two of the games because of time constraints.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 am

Has anybody ever seen a question in LR like this: "According to the information above, which of the following is most justified?".

What kind of question does that turn out to be? I think it's a must be true, but I don't know for sure.

rabbitrun

Postby rabbitrun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 am

Stupe wrote:LR-LG-RC-LR-LG

Both LR sections were fairly easy I thought. Also, ninjas. Finished both with time to spare.

I thought the RC section was easy, but that's by far my best section anyway.

First LG.... Sweet Jesus. Nailed the first game but after that I couldn't get going at all. Did the last game but then found myself having to guess on the middle two. Going into the break I had a hunch that was the experimental section but I couldn't be sure.

Second LG: Immediate thought was "fuck yes." However, I didn't do as well on this as a normal LG. The games felt a little weird, a little ambiguous, and I'm really not sure how I did. Had to guess on several questions on two of the games because of time constraints.

Same. I usually rock LG, and actually smiled when I saw that it was my last passage. I think I messed up one of the rules on one game. It annoyed me because I finished the first LG with time to spare and probably didn't miss any. Too bad it was experimental.
LR seemed pretty easy. RC was standard if not a little easier than recent tests.

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 am

Uschoolqb10 wrote:Has anybody ever seen a question in LR like this: "According to the information above, which of the following is most justified?".

What kind of question does that turn out to be? I think it's a must be true, but I don't know for sure.

Seems like from what you described it might be a principle question and using that principle finding an answer choice that was justified ? Don't know the question nor are we allowed to discuss in detail so just leaving it at that . There were a few in previous tests in the 50's and 60's so maybe take a look at those

NYC2012

Postby NYC2012 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 am

Does anyone remember a really funny, random question? The ninja one was great, but there was another one I think in the other section where I kind of chuckled to myself at the subject matter. I'm really excited for the test to be released.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 am

This thread title:

NYC2012

Postby NYC2012 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:This thread title:

Bahahahahahaahah I totally thought that but didn't want to post it and be THAT girl

Stupe

Postby Stupe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 am

NYC2012 wrote:Does anyone remember a really funny, random question? The ninja one was great, but there was another one I think in the other section where I kind of chuckled to myself at the subject matter. I'm really excited for the test to be released.

There were several absurd moments during the test where I wanted to giggle.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:22 am

Stupe wrote:
NYC2012 wrote:Does anyone remember a really funny, random question? The ninja one was great, but there was another one I think in the other section where I kind of chuckled to myself at the subject matter. I'm really excited for the test to be released.

There were several absurd moments during the test where I wanted to giggle.

I giggled when I flipped the page from my section one reading comp, to my section two reading comp; and by giggle, I mean cry.

The one thing I hate about RC, is the first paragraph of passages 2 3 and 4. I'm still in the mindset of the previous one, so having to switch so quickly I always have to reread that paragraph. Example of my mindset while flipping the page: "Wow, what an interesting method of distributing books, I wonder if that'll come to fruition, I mean it it's economically fea....woah, Ok, Jazz now, ok, lets see... minority (African American Female) author, breaks from tradition..revolutionizes genre...original lsac."

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:The one thing I hate about RC, is the first paragraph of passages 2 3 and 4. I'm still in the mindset of the previous one, so having to switch so quickly I always have to reread that paragraph. Example of my mindset while flipping the page: "Wow, what an interesting method of distributing books, I wonder if that'll come to fruition, I mean it it's economically fea....woah, Ok, Jazz now, ok, lets see... minority (African American Female) author, breaks from tradition..revolutionizes genre...original lsac."

:lol:

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 am

omegaomega wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:The one thing I hate about RC, is the first paragraph of passages 2 3 and 4. I'm still in the mindset of the previous one, so having to switch so quickly I always have to reread that paragraph. Example of my mindset while flipping the page: "Wow, what an interesting method of distributing books, I wonder if that'll come to fruition, I mean it it's economically fea....woah, Ok, Jazz now, ok, lets see... minority (African American Female) author, breaks from tradition..revolutionizes genre...original lsac."

:lol:

+1

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I giggled when I flipped the page from my section one reading comp, to my section two reading comp; and by giggle, I mean cry.

luulllzzzz

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 pm

NYC2012 wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:This thread title:

Bahahahahahaahah I totally thought that but didn't want to post it and be THAT girl

a little harder than I expected, but he finished before I did. Inconsiderate.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”