So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MLBrandow

Bronze

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Post by MLBrandow » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am

Did anyone feel like in LR most of the 20's questions were a joke, and then the most difficult questions were usually in the first 15?

The two questions I had the most difficulty with were in the first 7 of either section.

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 am

Yes, I felt there were at least a few in the first 15 or so that were more difficult than the later ones in the section.

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 am

suzige wrote:Yes, I felt there were at least a few in the first 15 or so that were more difficult than the later ones in the section.
Agreed

cookiepak

New

Post by cookiepak » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 am

anyone know if the dinosaur/fossil/mud tracks Q (LR) was experimental or graded?

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 am

chemteacher wrote:
suzige wrote:Yes, I felt there were at least a few in the first 15 or so that were more difficult than the later ones in the section.
Agreed
That really threw me off of my timing. During PTs, I'd usually hit 5 in 5 min, 10 in 10, and on especially easy sections 15 in 15 min. I didn't hit those markers on any of my 3 LR sections. So. pissed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

cookiepak wrote:anyone know if the dinosaur/fossil/mud tracks Q (LR) was experimental or graded?

I think that was exp. CPUs and Ninja's were the two real ones. I believe.

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:14 am

MLBrandow wrote:Did anyone feel like in LR most of the 20's questions were a joke, and then the most difficult questions were usually in the first 15?

The two questions I had the most difficulty with were in the first 7 of either section.
I was thinking the same thing. I breezed thru the 20's but wasn't sure if I really got them. They seemed way too easy!

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

StarLightSpectre wrote:
cookiepak wrote:anyone know if the dinosaur/fossil/mud tracks Q (LR) was experimental or graded?

I think that was exp. CPUs and Ninja's were the two real ones. I believe.
Definitely exp. I had RC RC and had CPU's + Ninjas. No mud tracks.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 am

Lr and Rc seemed pretty easy, but I know I got at least 2 wrong on Lg... Hopefully I did well enough on the other sections to make uP for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 am

Ugh mud tracks. The more I read these threads the more I get reminded of questions that I hated

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 am

MLBrandow wrote:Did anyone feel like in LR most of the 20's questions were a joke, and then the most difficult questions were usually in the first 15?

Absolutely. It totally threw me off, too, because I fell behind pace for 15 in 15, and then started rushing and panicking to catch up, and it turned out that the last few questions were easier than usual.

arabic06

New

Post by arabic06 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Quidnuncs!

Were there any statistical logical reasoning arguments this go-round?

Thanks! 8)

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 am

arabic06 wrote:Hi Quidnuncs!

Were there any statistical logical reasoning arguments this go-round?

Thanks! 8)
I can't remember any.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msquaredb

Bronze

Post by msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 am

Harder. Than. Expected.

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 am

Ugh... the possibility that the later questions were easier than the earlier ones is making me rethink about canceling.

msquaredb

Bronze

Post by msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 am

suzige wrote:Ugh... the possibility that the later questions were easier than the earlier ones is making me rethink about canceling.
Um yeah I was questioning myself on 5-15 more than usual and the 20s were a cake walk. WTF.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am

Helicio wrote:That test did not seem like an LSAT.

No sure if it was hard or easy. I literally feel like I got anywhere from a 165-180. :/
That is a fantastic sign. I felt the SAME WAY.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 am

What about it didn't feel like an LSAT? I thought it was exactly as expected, except for the fact that there were harder LR questions in the first 15 questions than I expected, and that really fucked with my confidence and pace.

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 am

LR1 really threw me off with the difficulty of early questions. If I can scrape a -6 or -5 there I might be ok.

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:02 am

manofjustice wrote:
Helicio wrote:That test did not seem like an LSAT.

No sure if it was hard or easy. I literally feel like I got anywhere from a 165-180. :/
That is a fantastic sign. I felt the SAME WAY.
I felt that way about the December test, actually. After taking this, I realize that the LSAT just doesn't feel like the LSAT when you are taking the actual LSAT. If it was a PT, none of us would be saying that.

d_a_n

New

Post by d_a_n » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 am

Rehmsmeyer wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:Reposting this from the other thread:

Tremendously upset right now. I've been consistently PT-ing in the low-to-mid 170s in the past few weeks, and felt very good coming into today. Felt even better at break time, like I had steamrolled my first three sections.

But then ... LG happened. I had the LG experimental as my 2nd section (RC - LG - LR - LG - LR) and had done very well. But the actual one stumped me in a huge way. Not sure what happened. It all seems like a blur. The first game had only five questions and took me far longer than it should have. Plodded through the second game, looked at my watch, had only about 7 minutes left for the last two games. Panic mode. No easy answers in the last two games. Lots of pure guessing. I don't understand what happened. Felt like I watched my test explode in my face.

I honestly don't know how I calmed myself down for Section 5. Took me about 4-5 questions to get out of "Wow, you screwed that up royally" mode and get my head back in the game. Felt pretty good about my performance there. But if I do anything better than -10 on LG, I'll be surprised. And that makes me unbelievably sad.

I prepped like crazy for the last few months. Worked really, really hard. Yeah, I can retake in October, but what am I really going to learn between now and then that I didn't know today? That's really what's got me out of whack. And my GPA is really low (I'm definitely looking to be a super-splitter) so I NEED a high LSAT to get into schools many of you probably wouldn't even want to apply to.

Very depressed right now. Just can't believe that one bad section probably ruined the whole thing for me. Easily my worst LG performance since my diagnostic, and on the worst possible day.
You are the ying to my yang. I've taken ~30 PTs x 4 LG's a test = 120 LG's. Never have I seen anything quite like these. I had no idea where to start to set them up. I felt as though there was a gap in the information given. I know that this section alone will bring me down at least 4-5 points. I have considered even canceling my test. I typically miss between 3-6 in timed tests in the last month and this was completely unexpected. Very upset.
My experience was exactly the same. I think I did pretty well on the other sections, but the logic games was a total mess, and I had been doing pretty well on them in practice tests.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

katesearches

New

Post by katesearches » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah I also thought that some of the ones in the later 20s were straight-forward, while the earlier ones 5-10 ish threw me off
Last edited by katesearches on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bne

New

Post by bne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm

It was much harder than I expected. The LR-LR-RC-LR-LG really screwed with me, especially with some of the harder questions appearing earlier on in the LR sections which threw my time off. RC, in my opinion, was more difficult than usual and it's my best section. I had to guess on a few problems, which I never have to do on PTs, and by the time I got to LG, I was drained. I never felt so unsure about my answers.

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I thought the LR was EASY. Generally LR is my best section though.

There was one question on the RC that I'm dying to discuss.
Lemme guess.. it deals with voices and who said what in the a b passage..?

Taus11

New

Post by Taus11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I thought the LR was EASY. Generally LR is my best section though.

There was one question on the RC that I'm dying to discuss.
Lemme guess.. it deals with voices and who said what in the a b passage..?
i thought that was the easiest question in the section and i am no rc expert

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”