So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niv78

New

Re: So How Was It? Hard? Harder? Just what you expected?

Post by niv78 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 am

bdm261 wrote:I had LR, LR, RC, LR, LG. The three LR sections almost in a row made me burned out by time I got to LG. I think my first LR section was the experimental, some weird questions I haven't seen anything similar to on recent PTs.
I had this as well. Was my first LSAT and after going through the first LR section I thought I was in trouble. The rest evened out for me though.

FlatFox

New

Post by FlatFox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 am

Helicio wrote:Was the CPU question in Lr 1 or Lr 2? (25 question or 26 question)
I don't remember for sure. I tried to forget that question. I want to say 2.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 am

Did this cpu question relate in anyway to size?

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:46 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Did this cpu question relate in anyway to size?
i think

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 am

I only had 2 LR and I don't remember no CPU shit. Actually, if I remembe correclty, it was pretty easy. Was it something like, they can never be faster? If so, fuck, that was pretty easy, unless I fell for a trap lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 am

I don't see the problem, I thought that was a pretty straightforward question, but I see several people mentioning it as a problem... and I'm not one of those guys who thinks everything is easy and everyone else is idiots, I can't stand those people on here, but I personally really didn't see a catch on that question :?:

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I don't see the problem, I thought that was a pretty straightforward question, but I see several people mentioning it as a problem... and I'm not one of those guys who thinks everything is easy and everyone else is idiots, I can't stand those people on here, but I personally really didn't see a catch on that question :?:
i thought that question was relatively easy as well and LR is my worst section usually a -4. SO that may tell you something....

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 am

Helicio wrote:Was the CPU question in Lr 1 or Lr 2? (25 question or 26 question)
Pretty sure 25. Why is that one getting so much hate? Brain one was way more WTF??

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 am

Micdiddy wrote:
Pretty sure 25. Why is that one getting so much hate? Brain one was way more WTF??
Forgot about the brain one... UGH

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:00 am

Try to explain brain one please. everytjing is a blur.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 am

What I thought that was in RC. Jeezus I am so fucking shot.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 am

The voice of a few RC passages threw me off since

FlatFox

New

Post by FlatFox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 am

Ugh. The brain one was bad.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 am

princeR wrote:Try to explain brain one please. everytjing is a blur.

Taus11

New

Post by Taus11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 am

Br3v wrote:
I mean we can't though, right? Or else I'd post it

NewYorkL

Bronze

Post by NewYorkL » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:21 am

Taus11 wrote:
Br3v wrote:

Yeah you can't. Don't even think you can PM it.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 am

Taus11 wrote:
Br3v wrote:
You can be vague.
Example: "it was about a test on whale brains"
You can't say "it was a test on whale brains and as you to justify and the answer was G) Frankenstein invented brains"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am

Brains question dealt with woodland and desert development right? It was chill..absolutely no clue which of the two beginning lrs was experimental tho

NYC2012

Bronze

Post by NYC2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 am

Last edited by NYC2012 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rehmsmeyer

New

Post by Rehmsmeyer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 am

patricksouthern wrote:Reposting this from the other thread:

Tremendously upset right now. I've been consistently PT-ing in the low-to-mid 170s in the past few weeks, and felt very good coming into today. Felt even better at break time, like I had steamrolled my first three sections.

But then ... LG happened. I had the LG experimental as my 2nd section (RC - LG - LR - LG - LR) and had done very well. But the actual one stumped me in a huge way. Not sure what happened. It all seems like a blur. The first game had only five questions and took me far longer than it should have. Plodded through the second game, looked at my watch, had only about 7 minutes left for the last two games. Panic mode. No easy answers in the last two games. Lots of pure guessing. I don't understand what happened. Felt like I watched my test explode in my face.

I honestly don't know how I calmed myself down for Section 5. Took me about 4-5 questions to get out of "Wow, you screwed that up royally" mode and get my head back in the game. Felt pretty good about my performance there. But if I do anything better than -10 on LG, I'll be surprised. And that makes me unbelievably sad.

I prepped like crazy for the last few months. Worked really, really hard. Yeah, I can retake in October, but what am I really going to learn between now and then that I didn't know today? That's really what's got me out of whack. And my GPA is really low (I'm definitely looking to be a super-splitter) so I NEED a high LSAT to get into schools many of you probably wouldn't even want to apply to.

Very depressed right now. Just can't believe that one bad section probably ruined the whole thing for me. Easily my worst LG performance since my diagnostic, and on the worst possible day.
You are the ying to my yang. I've taken ~30 PTs x 4 LG's a test = 120 LG's. Never have I seen anything quite like these. I had no idea where to start to set them up. I felt as though there was a gap in the information given. I know that this section alone will bring me down at least 4-5 points. I have considered even canceling my test. I typically miss between 3-6 in timed tests in the last month and this was completely unexpected. Very upset.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am

NYC2012 wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:Brains question dealt with woodland and desert development right? It was chill..absolutely no clue which of the two beginning lrs was experimental tho
Now I remember

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 am

Ohhhh that brains yeah it sucked. I thought you guys were talking about the neuroscience brains which was in RC.

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:38 am

Seriously upset about how I performed today. So frustrating because I know I can do so much better! :cry:

katesearches

New

Post by katesearches » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 am

Br3v wrote: You can be vague.
Example: "it was about a test on whale brains"
You can't say "it was a test on whale brains and as you to justify and the answer was G) Frankenstein invented brains"
LG was straight-forward. I'm brain dead right now, but I remember one of the questions in Game #3 tripped me up, so I barely finished Game 3 and 4 on time. Before I got to Game 3, I had 23 minutes left, but that one question threw me off, and I ended up redrawing diagrams, going back to old problems, etc. And ended up having 5 minutes for the last game. LG is my strongest section, and the last game was fairly straight-forward, so I was frustrated by the set-back and feeling rushed on the last three questions. (I usually like to have time left over to check my answers/check that the wrong answers are wrong)

LR is my weakest section... I felt this test was kinda everywhere. I felt some of the questions (even the harder ones at the end) were straightforward and the choice was clear. On the other hand, I felt some of the earlier questions and otherwise straightforward questions had ambiguous language.

RC. Oh wow! I had the RC in a row like the other thread on this forum mentioned. I was partially glad to know that one of the RC was experimental, and I could get that out of the way, but it was still kind of like a sucker punch to start the next section and to see it was another RC. On the first RC section, I finished reading the passage right when she called the 5 minute time, so I had 5 minutes to finish all the questions. Felt rushed, since I didn't get to check my answers. Second RC section really owned me. Actually I'm feeling pretty brain dead right now and don't even remember which passages were from which section
Last edited by katesearches on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katesearches

New

Post by katesearches » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:26 am

double post
Last edited by katesearches on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”