Too early?

garrettnicole92

Too early?

Postby garrettnicole92 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 pm

(This is my first post here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, or if my question has been answered elsewhere!)

I am a rising Junior in my undergrad program, and I will potentially be graduating a semester early (December 2013 instead of May 2014). I have decided that I want to pursue a law degree, and I have already started studying for the LSAT, which I'm planning on taking a year from now (next June). The reason I'm studying so early is because I'm taking a full course load, working two jobs and volunteering during the upcoming school year and I worry that I won't have enough time to prep properly. Would it make sense for me to study now and just "refresh" before taking the test next summer, or do you think it will hurt me to have such a large gap between when I do the bulk of my studying and when I actually take the exam?

Also, I've already started researching schools that I'd like to attend, paying particular attention to their admissions requirements, programs I am interested in and the like. I'm also getting some "real" experience through an internship position at my county's District Attorney's office. It's probably a stupid question, but have I gotten too excited about law school too early?

Thanks, and please disregard any mistakes I might have made! I'm looking forward to learning from the people who have gone ahead of me.

Nova

Re: Too early?

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:37 pm

No, its not too early. The LSAT is like riding a bike. You wont regress too much with time off. I recommend reading through the Power Score Bibles/ Manhattan guides to build a foundation.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”