People who've decided to postpone the June LSAT for October!

dowu

People who've decided to postpone the June LSAT for October!

Postby dowu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mir1234

Re: People who've decided to postpone the June LSAT for October!

Postby mir1234 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

i'm seriously in the exact same boat. my goal is to finish bibles by the end of this week again and then to do the manhattan series the week after. then drill all the practice exams(time) a second time through starting with PT 29.

aep1989

Postby aep1989 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Are you using a study guide this time? Yes, I decided to take the June test way to late(Late April) and had to rush through all my material. I had signed up for Velocity(which I am very happy with) but unfortunately had to cram it all in 3 weeks. Will be reviewing the LRB and the LR section on velocity since it is my weak point.
How will you drill your questions by type (the bundles, or just pulling from the PTs)?After I reread the LRB and velocity LR I will probably take a PT then see where I am still weak then use the Kaplan mastery practice book. I plan on doing 1-2 PTs a week until middle of August then step it up to 2-3.

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 pm

PT'ing in the 166-172 range. Want to be a solid 170+ so decided to postpone. Thinking about enrolling in Blueprint to hopefully push me over the edge. Self-studying has gotten me this far and I think one final push from Blueprint will get me where I want to be.

helpplease

Postby helpplease » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Hey guys, I postponed as well. I took my diagnostic on May 11th and got a 151 and my last few practice tests have been 162-165. Want a 170 on the October test. Rc is by far my worst section; I can only get through 3 passages and get ~1 wrong on each. How do y'all improve in RC? I have the powerscore RC bible but haven't even opened it because I initially only had a month. I plan on doing 1-2 untimed sections each day from now until October and probably read the RC bible. Any recommendations?

sweetfrenchtoast

Postby sweetfrenchtoast » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:13 am

helpplease wrote:Hey guys, I postponed as well. I took my diagnostic on May 11th and got a 151 and my last few practice tests have been 162-165. Want a 170 on the October test. Rc is by far my worst section; I can only get through 3 passages and get ~1 wrong on each. How do y'all improve in RC? I have the powerscore RC bible but haven't even opened it because I initially only had a month. I plan on doing 1-2 untimed sections each day from now until October and probably read the RC bible. Any recommendations?

From what I hear, the Manhattan Reading Comprehension review book is the one to read.

dowu

Postby dowu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 pm

sweetfrenchtoast wrote:
helpplease wrote:Hey guys, I postponed as well. I took my diagnostic on May 11th and got a 151 and my last few practice tests have been 162-165. Want a 170 on the October test. Rc is by far my worst section; I can only get through 3 passages and get ~1 wrong on each. How do y'all improve in RC? I have the powerscore RC bible but haven't even opened it because I initially only had a month. I plan on doing 1-2 untimed sections each day from now until October and probably read the RC bible. Any recommendations?

From what I hear, the Manhattan Reading Comprehension review book is the one to read.

+1, I think Im going to try it since I don't have a method what so ever for RC.

nsideirish wrote:PT'ing in the 166-172 range. Want to be a solid 170+ so decided to postpone. Thinking about enrolling in Blueprint to hopefully push me over the edge. Self-studying has gotten me this far and I think one final push from Blueprint will get me where I want to be.

We are sort of in the same spots. Except, I can't seem to break 166, which is might highest score and sole 166. :( FML.

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:31 pm

nsideirish wrote:PT'ing in the 166-172 range. Want to be a solid 170+ so decided to postpone. Thinking about enrolling in Blueprint to hopefully push me over the edge. Self-studying has gotten me this far and I think one final push from Blueprint will get me where I want to be.

PTing in similar range. Enrolled in the Blueprint online course for the October test. Been working on it for about two weeks, and its very good. You won't be disappointed.

dowu

Postby dowu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:

PTing in similar range. Enrolled in the Blueprint online course for the October test. Been working on it for about two weeks, and its very good. You won't be disappointed.

How exactly does the online course work? I couldn't imagine doing a PT on the computer.

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
Chardee_MacDennis wrote:

How exactly does the online course work? I couldn't imagine doing a PT on the computer.

When you enroll, you have access to all the online lectures. You can do it at your own pace, but the website creates a syllabus based on your starting date and LSAT test date. Each lesson is divided into 12-15 lectures, each b/t 10-20 mins. You also have four coursebooks that contain all lessons/homework/PTs.

With regard to the PTs, you can take them online, print them out, or do them in the book. You can then enter all your answers into the website which scores the test and gives you a breakdown of which answers were incorrect, what type of question it was (MBT, STR, etc), and the popularity of each answer choice for that question. Its nice to see it broken down that way, and certainly helps diagnose any issues/patterns in your exams.

bearsniper

Postby bearsniper » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I cancelled June at the last minute. Taking the summer off (or only working part time) to focus on LSAT. I've just started the Velocity full online full course and liking it really well so far.

Anyone in the Dallas area and want to get together to study? I could really use some motivation sometimes lol.

helpplease

Postby helpplease » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

bearsniper wrote:I cancelled June at the last minute. Taking the summer off (or only working part time) to focus on LSAT. I've just started the Velocity full online full course and liking it really well so far.

Anyone in the Dallas area and want to get together to study? I could really use some motivation sometimes lol.

Not in Dallas, but in Houston! How about some virtual motivation? Haha, what schools are you applying to? The problem for me is that I haven't had anybody to study with that's also shooting for ~170+ so it's just been easier for me to study alone.

helpplease

Postby helpplease » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:08 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
sweetfrenchtoast wrote:

+1, I think Im going to try it since I don't have a method what so ever for RC.

We are sort of in the same spots. Except, I can't seem to break 166, which is might highest score and sole 166. :( FML.

Thanks guys! I got the manhattan trilogy guide today so I'll be starting on the RC one soon. Really hope this helps--will let y'all know what I think about it.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

I would suggest a private tutor and not a full prep course, especially if you have already scored past 170. You know your material, so its all about refining the small things.

dowu

Postby dowu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:52 pm

boblawlob wrote:

I would suggest a private tutor and not a full prep course, especially if you have already scored past 170. You know your material, so its all about refining the small things.

I see. It's just hard to wrap my head around what exactly is "the small things". What, in particular, (as an example) is something that a tutor could help iron out? It can't be timing. It can't be explanations, since we can get those here/elsewhere. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this - can you explain?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”