Two quick questions before tomorrow

Helicio

Two quick questions before tomorrow

Postby Helicio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:04 pm

1.) I know we aren't allowed to have cell phones with us, but I need to be able to let my parents know when I am done so they can pick me up. Can I bring a cell phone and leave it with the proctor?

2.) How long is the break after the first 3 sections? I thought it was 15 minutes but someone just told me it is 10.

Edit: Make that 3

3.) After each section, do we immediately go to the next or do the proctors read the instructions/give you like 30 seconds in between to compose yourself?

rinkrat19

Re: Two quick questions before tomorrow

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Helicio wrote:1.) I know we aren't allowed to have cell phones with us, but I need to be able to let my parents know when I am done so they can pick me up. Can I bring a cell phone and leave it with the proctor?

2.) How long is the break after the first 3 sections? I thought it was 15 minutes but someone just told me it is 10.

3.) After each section, do we immediately go to the next or do the proctors read the instructions/give you like 30 seconds in between to compose yourself?

1. Some proctors would be ok with this, but people do get kicked out for this. I wouldn't risk it. Find a payphone nearby, an office you can bum a phone call from, or bury your cell phone in the dirt outside (srsly).
2. I thought it was 15.
3. It varies in length, but I think there is something for them to read. You do have to stop, put down your pencils, and wait to be told to go on.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Helicio wrote:1.) I know we aren't allowed to have cell phones with us, but I need to be able to let my parents know when I am done so they can pick me up. Can I bring a cell phone and leave it with the proctor?

1.) See rinkrat's answer

2.) From my experience, it's 15 minutes, unless everyone is ready before then.

3.) It varies depending on the proctor. I think you're usually supposed to get 1 minute in between, but I had a proctor in October that just went straight through after each section without a break at all.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Great thanks guys. It makes me feel great that we get a few minutes between each section, especially because on my PTs I generally just soldiered on.

I will be leaving the phone in the car and just tell my parents to pick me up around 4 45.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm gonna log off until after the LSAT. Best of luck to all of you. Thanks for the encouragement and may all of us score above our averages.

See you guys tomorrow around 6 PM.

-Helicio

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Helicio wrote:I'm gonna log off until after the LSAT. Best of luck to all of you. Thanks for the encouragement and may all of us score above our averages.

See you guys tomorrow around 6 PM.

-Helicio

Holy shit do you make a lot of threads

TrialLawyer16

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

rebexness wrote:3. Its usually about 2-3 minutes between sections. The proctor will read instructions, sharpen pencils, adjust things, etc.

NOOOOOOO Please don't go into the test thinking this lol. It really depends on the proctor. The first time I took it, the proctors did what you were saying and gave us about 2-3 minutes between sections. The second time I took it, the proctor was acting like a drill sergeant. She literally gave us anywhere between 20-30 seconds in between sections. It was so bad my little hand couldn't even get back to 0 before we started the next section and it threw me off. Switching my mindset that quick from LG to LR to RC was just terrible. Be prepared for it if you get a proctor like that. Go in expecting the worst just so you're ready to count your minutes at the 35 sec, 45 sec, mark or whatever.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrialLawyer16

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:23 pm

rebexness wrote:
TrialLawyer16 wrote:
rebexness wrote:3. Its usually about 2-3 minutes between sections. The proctor will read instructions, sharpen pencils, adjust things, etc.

NOOOOOOO Please don't go into the test thinking this lol. It really depends on the proctor. The first time I took it, the proctors did what you were saying and gave us about 2-3 minutes between sections. The second time I took it, the proctor was acting like a drill sergeant. She literally gave us anywhere between 20-30 seconds in between sections. It was so bad my little hand couldn't even get back to 0 before we started the next section and it threw me off. Switching my mindset that quick from LG to LR to RC was just terrible. Be prepared for it if you get a proctor like that. Go in expecting the worst just so you're ready to count your minutes at the 35 sec, 45 sec, mark or whatever.

Good call, I've had the same proctors every time I have taken it.

You were blessed. I felt blindsided the second time lol

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:25 pm

I plan on getting there early, and parking lot is close, is it a bad idea to bring my phone with me to pass the time and then when it gets a little closer walk to the car and put it away? Or should I just sit their and twiddle my thumbs. I am afraid to read anything to dense just before lol

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:54 pm

we went straight to the next section. I bet it was 20 seconds before we moved on. It was like 'stop, ok turn the page and start the next section" I was like wtf. I didn't even have time to breathe.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm

TrialLawyer16 wrote:

Your watch has an "0"?

But anyway, you will get anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, my Feb admin was about 30 seconds or so. I'd prefer no time at all, or around 15 seconds to a whole 2 minutes, thats just enough time for my mind to wander and me to lose my groove...

TrialLawyer16

Postby TrialLawyer16 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
TrialLawyer16 wrote:

Your watch has an "0"?

But anyway, you will get anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, my Feb admin was about 30 seconds or so. I'd prefer no time at all, or around 15 seconds to a whole 2 minutes, thats just enough time for my mind to wander and me to lose my groove...

Yeah... my little hand had a 0 for seconds...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”