You guys are so much more well-prepared than I am Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Wily

Bronze

You guys are so much more well-prepared than I am

Post by Wily » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 am

Never really posted in this forum, but after reading a bit here just wanted to reassure everyone by saying that you guys are about 100x more prepared than I am for this LSAT tomorrow.

My random story:
I took the exam after doing one review book 6 years ago and got a 176. But since then, my score expired and my addled old brain has atrophied. I took it twice last fall and got a 165 and 168. Before both times I did one Kaplan book and the Superprep book, that's it. I got into a law school with enough money to attend, but I'm retaking it again tomorrow for kicks and giggles, and I guess if I break 170 again I may consider reapplying (although that's unlikely). Anyway, all I've done from December til now is 5 preptests and a couple of extra games sections. Unlike you guys, my worst section by far is LG, which is probably a direct result of my lack of preparation.

So point is, you all are competing against idiots like me who haven't done a lick of preparation compared to all the hard work you put in. You'll all do fine and I probably will panic on LG and bomb the exam. :lol: And I think most test-takers out there are closer to my slacker-dom than to the exemplars of hard work and determination I see on this site, so that should be reassuring.

I'm going to sit on a boat for the rest of the day. Best wishes!

Br3v

Gold

Re: You guys are so much more well-prepared than I am

Post by Br3v » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:27 am

Wily wrote:Never really posted in this forum, but after reading a bit here just wanted to reassure everyone by saying that you guys are about 100x more prepared than I am for this LSAT tomorrow.

My random story:
I took the exam after doing one review book 6 years ago and got a 176. But since then, my score expired and my addled old brain has atrophied. I took it twice last fall and got a 165 and 168. Before both times I did one Kaplan book and the Superprep book, that's it. I got into a law school with enough money to attend, but I'm retaking it again tomorrow for kicks and giggles, and I guess if I break 170 again I may consider reapplying (although that's unlikely). Anyway, all I've done from December til now is 5 preptests and a couple of extra games sections. Unlike you guys, my worst section by far is LG, which is probably a direct result of my lack of preparation.

So point is, you all are competing against idiots like me who haven't done a lick of preparation compared to all the hard work you put in. You'll all do fine and I probably will panic on LG and bomb the exam. :lol: And I think most test-takers out there are closer to my slacker-dom than to the exemplars of hard work and determination I see on this site, so that should be reassuring.

Think positive and you will perform positive, good luck!

Wily

Bronze

Post by Wily » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks.

Anyone have recommendations on powerbars / other energy snacks? I'm going to buy some for my snack tomorrow.

Fourth time I'm taking this POS exam, can't believe it...

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Wily wrote:Never really posted in this forum, but after reading a bit here just wanted to reassure everyone by saying that you guys are about 100x more prepared than I am for this LSAT tomorrow.

My random story:

Since you pulled out a 176 on the real deal before (and with little prep), you've got the brain power to do it again.

Don't be fooled or intimidated by the users here that claim 98-99th percentile range practice scores, some of them are blowing smoke and/or fudging with the rules when they take PTs to get those scores. Some of them, of course not all, there are many very talented and well prepared posters on the forum, sadly will score significantly below their claimed practice tests average score range on test day under the regulated conditions.

Relax, hope you had a good day on a boat. Tomorrow is just another LSAT, the same as all the previous ones, nothing new, nothing different. Try to go in with the attitude that it is just another practice test so that you don't stress too much and instead just approach the questions with a calm clear collected mind.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Wily wrote:Thanks.

Anyone have recommendations on powerbars / other energy snacks? I'm going to buy some for my snack tomorrow.

Fourth time I'm taking this POS exam, can't believe it...
Topic discussed and my view here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p5578942

Jeffort wrote:
emarxnj wrote:LSAT EXPERTS I CALL UPON YOUR WISDOM TO ANSWER A QUESTION OLDER THAN TIME...

Best snack for the break? :mrgreen:
Powerbar or some other brand energy bar (not a protein bar they are different) and Gatoraide or some other brand sports drink.

EDIT: If you're a regular/heavy caffeine consumer, there is a candy called coffeego. It is a small bite-sized thing that tastes like coffee and has about as much caffeine as a typical cup of coffee. You'd be fine at check-in having one of those little things in your ziplock bag along with a powerbar since it qualifies as a medical or hygiene product (it's a legal drug), and if an evil proctor has a problem with it at check-in, just throw it away.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”