Help me plan the rest of my night Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Clearly

Gold

Help me plan the rest of my night

Post by Clearly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Testing Monday. I just took a never before seen PT under testing conditions, and had an interesting result. I scored a 173, it was pt 64, Oct 11. I was happy with the score, but I couldn't believe the section trends. I'm fairly weak with LG, and very strong with LR, hit or miss with RC. I aced both LR sections, -0... LG-5 RC-5
Granted I'm not good with LG, -5 was a bit high, and RC I thought I did better, having felt good about the section, but -5 isn't terrible.

I usually score in this range, but push more points around, -1-3-4-2 or so. This concerns me because had I not perfected those sections, -5-5 on LG and RC puts me in a bad spot. I don't think I've ever -0-0'd LR under test conditions, so my 173 doesn't seem to be repeatable on monday.

I'm still good to go a few hours studying tonight. I'm considering jumping right into pt 65 to keep stamina sharp, and get a different representation on where I stand. On the other hand, drilling LG seems the right thing to do, although I doubt I can make any drastic improvement in 3 hours that will really matter come Monday, plus I'll be taking a section by PTing anyway...

I could always drill just LG tomorrow to stay sharp in that regard, but I generally subscribe to the "no lsat the night before" mindset...

What to do with these critical last hours.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Help me plan the rest of my night

Post by rad lulz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Go get drunk.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:52 pm

rad lulz wrote:Go get drunk.
I quit the stuff, 5 years on the 25th

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Go get drunk.
I quit the stuff, 5 years on the 25th
Hey man, grats.

Go see a movie or something bro.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Eh, I'm still good to study, I'm not giving up my last night of studying for movies haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Seriously, relax mode in my opinion. Then again, I always PT better after a day off.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 pm

logic games ... and nothing else.

relax tomorrow

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Some light drilling wouldn't hurt, probably what I'm going to do after the game. Definitely nothing too extensive like a PT.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:41 pm

I doubt taking PT 65 would be very representative also, especially since it's late and you're probably a bit fatigued. I would just drill LG for the night and rest tomorrow. If you happen to bomb PT 65, then you're just going to hurt your confidence before the real deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Eh, I'm still good to study, I'm not giving up my last night of studying for movies haha.
I would actually consider movies. At some point you just have to be cool with where you're at. At that point, you get into a zone in which you might actually outperform your PT. But your score isn't going to go up even a point if you study all day tomorrow. It might go down.

Just reset your brain tomorrow, jog Monday morning, run through some LG and LR at the test center before you start, don't panic but don't not remind yourself of how focused you want to be, bring raisins, don't get distracted by anything or anyone, and you must just 179. Totally possible bro...

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:45 am

I took 65. Scored a 172. -3LG -3RC.. Thats exactly what I was looking for, a grade at least close to the earlier 173, but without such a strange distribution of mistakes, I feel better prepared that that test wasn't a fluke now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”