Nervous?

Br3v

Nervous?

Postby Br3v » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 pm

If I didn't have superhuman nerves of steel, I would say I may potentially be beginning to feel nervous. Incase anyone else may be starting to as well, I figure we can coach eachother through it here.

We have studied and learned everything, it's just time to see the results.
I plan on converting any nerves I may feel Mon morning into pure concentration.

How you guys feeling? Whats the plan for tonight and tomorrow?

Helicio

Re: Nervous?

Postby Helicio » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Feeling pretty nervous too. I know I will feel nervous during the exam. Hopefully it doesn't affect me too much, or if it does hopefully it affects me in a good way.

I know I am prepared, I know I am ready, and I know I have it in me to get my average (around 173-174) and to exceed it. I just hope I live up to my potential on test day.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Helicio wrote:Feeling pretty nervous too. I know I will feel nervous during the exam. Hopefully it doesn't affect me too much, or if it does hopefully it affects me in a good way.

I know I am prepared, I know I am ready, and I know I have it in me to get my average (around 173-174) and to exceed it. I just hope I live up to my potential on test day.

You will. The good thing about nerves is that you are in direct control of them. Easier said than done to put them to the side, but it's nice to know its within your control.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 pm

About to shit myself. Can't descend into a nice boozy calm because I live with my parents

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:15 pm

VasaVasori wrote:Yea. I'm getting a bit nervous too. I know there's no reason to be. What is enabling me to handle it is occasionally reminding myself that this is just like every other PT.

I don't know why, but I keep expecting this to be different in some way. It's irrational, though - this will be just like every other PT that we've taken. Every LR question will be like the other LR questions, every RC passage just like the other passages, and every game just like the games we've seen hundreds of time.

I think the key for me is keeping it in perspective.

If I don't, I'll have major trouble, because even on normal exams I have trouble. I'll have studied for a significant period of time, but I go into the test, my adrenaline starts to rush, and I just blank. Luckily the LSAT doesn't involve memorization, so that should help, but I'm still nervous about it.

The one benevolent thing the test-makers do is that the first passage, game, LR questions are generally pretty straightforward. So go in knowing that you CAN answer the first few questions correctly, and once you start, you'll be on autopilot.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 pm

I just get so anxious on tests. It gets to the point where I have intrusive thoughts that distract from what I should be focusing on.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm

This test is the most important thing that you have done in your life up to this point.
It will decide what school you go to, what town you live in, possibly what people you will hangout with and who you marry, what jobs you will get, possible area you will work in, what kind of debt you will have, and ultimately decide the course of your life from here on out.
This is what you have been studying endless hours for. The slightest error and your life could go down the drain. It's time.
Last edited by Mr. Pancakes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm going in with the attitude of "there's always October if you mess this one up" although I DEF. don't endorse it for those that are PTing in the 170's or PTing consistently where they want their score to be. I've only studied for a month and half which wasn't nearly enough and I know I can KILL this thing if I had a few more months of studying, but I feel like I can do well if I'm focused and not making stupid ass mistakes like anticipating what the question stem is asking for after reading the first few words :\. Good luck to everyone though, let's get it on Monday

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:This test is the most important thing that you have done in your life up to this point.
It will decided what school you go to, what town you live in, possibly what people you will hangout with and who you marry, what jobs you will get, possible area you will work in, what kind of debt you will have, and ultimately decide the course of your life from here on out.

Even more nervous now :/

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I wrote in Dec and will be retaking in Oct. When I went in, I went in w a "I can retake" mentality. I think it def helps having the ability to retake. I thght I would be super nervous, and to some extent, I was, but I was able to put everything aside and use that energy to power through it (65 RC section that killed me that I thght was experimental. FAIL).

honeycomb

Postby honeycomb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:10 pm

I was feeling completely fine until I took 65 today and the RC killed me.

Now all I can picture is getting a score report that says 130. Need to think happy thoughts...

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:This test is the most important thing that you have done in your life up to this point.
It will decide what school you go to, what town you live in, possibly what people you will hangout with and who you marry, what jobs you will get, possible area you will work in, what kind of debt you will have, and ultimately decide the course of your life from here on out.
This is what you have been studying endless hours for. The slightest error and your life could go down the drain. It's time.

I'm getting pumped reading this. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

North

Postby North » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 pm

This is the most terrifying and true thing I've ever read and I'm not even taking it until October.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 pm

You bastard.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:

You bastard.

This is what separates the men from the boys. Nut up or shut up.

"Losers always whine about their "best"! Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. " - John Mason

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:

You bastard.

"Losers always whine about their "best"! Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. " - John Mason

I don't want to hear it. You have October to fall back on. I'm on my third retake.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:

You bastard.

I don't want to hear it. You have October to fall back on. I'm on my third retake.

touche'

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:I don't want to hear it. You have October to fall back on. I'm on my third retake.

touche'

That being said, I'm ready to fuck this test up!

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Honestly, I think what I'm feeling is...is excitement!?

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 am

Another vote for excitment here. I was feeling nervous 4 hours ago. I'm shooting for a 174 on the dot. Been the plan all along, been in that range, but only above it once (although significantly). I had a lot on my mind for my last Pt and scored a 168, and was starting to think "Ok, all the high scores were flukes, this can still happen, I'm close enough so I'll sit now, and start reprepping for Oct (my last attempt)". Today I took not one, but two consecutive full PT's under testing conditions, scoring a 173 first and a 172 next, 64+65, tests I've never seen even a single question on ever. It's not quite 174, but its enough to feel like I stand a good chance tomorrow, especially considering 10 sections back to back had to have helped stamina prep.

Will_Imake_it

Postby Will_Imake_it » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 am

Mr.Binks wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:

You bastard.

good luck bro i will be on third retake this december :)

smashingrobface

Postby smashingrobface » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am

180 or bust.

Okay, 178 or bust.

Okay, 175 or bust.

Yeah. Yeah, that's the ticket. 175 or bust.

... but maybe 180.

automaticfortheppl

Postby automaticfortheppl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 am

I grew up racing motocross and I think the adrenaline thats building here might top that of raceday.

Feeny

Postby Feeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 am

Look to the animal kingdom for inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Inhabit the spirit of the magnificent honey badger.

"Honey badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a shit. It just takes what it wants."

This is the way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”