I've already taken Kaplan, who's next?

Which is Best for Retaking

Princeton Review
No votes
Total votes: 7

I've already taken Kaplan, who's next?

Postby HolleeB » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I took Kaplan my Senior year of UG, I was scoring 158-162 and got a 153 on the exam. I used their higher score guarantee combined with self study to get me to 160 the second time I took it. At this point I've covered almost all the LSAT material that's been released, and my practice proctoring is at 164-166. I'm taking the October LSAT, and I know I need structure and accountability to get things done so taking another course is going to be far more productive than locking myself in a room with some bibles.

Princeton Review, Powerscore and Test Masters are the three courses available in my city (New Orleans). I'm leaning towards Test Masters but I wanted to make sure I'm on the best path I could be.

RC tends to be my Achilles' heel, as are lengthy Formal Logic questions. I'm signed up for Stanford's free online Formal Logic class, what extra material should I be looking at to deal with Reading?

Re: I've already taken Kaplan, who's next?

Postby Clearly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Velocity LSAT

Postby Mr.Binks » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Velocity LSAT

Postby IAFG » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:24 pm

RC is the hardest thing to teach or learn. The only thing I think that could really help is PTs, PTs, PTs. I did PowerScore, then took the LSAT three times. When prepping for my final take, I took a PT every day for something like 6 weeks (obviously I had to re-take some I had done before). Every time I missed an LR or LG problem, I went back to the bibles and reviewed the section on that particular problem type. Grueling and unforgiving practice is really the best way to improve, IME.

Postby LexLeon » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 am

Postby Helicio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

Powerscore course actually focuses a lot on RC if that's what you need. Lot's of drills. (Although you could do that on your own.)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”