Inspiring LSAT stories!

zorro.99

Inspiring LSAT stories!

Postby zorro.99 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm taking the LSAT on Monday and wanted to see if there are any nice stories out there about people who have done surprisingly well on test day - better than they were PTing.

Some inspiration and encouragement for everyone who's been studying!

abc12345675

Re: Inspiring LSAT stories!

Postby abc12345675 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

zorro.99 wrote:I'm taking the LSAT on Monday and wanted to see if there are any nice stories out there about people who have done surprisingly well on test day - better than they were PTing.

Some inspiration and encouragement for everyone who's been studying!

Never got over 160 on a practice test, but hit 163 on test day. Not great, but not bad either..........On the other hand, I had a buddy I went to school with at NYU who was pulling in 3.8 grades and 168-172's on the practice tests. Primed for a great school. Well on test day he get an inexplicable 156. BUTTTTT, he was able to retake and got 169.

noggo10

Postby noggo10 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Raised my score from a 157 to a 173 in 6 months and scored 2 points higher than average on test day....wouldn't be able to afford law school without the scholarships I got as a result of my score. You'll do great just remember to stay calm on test day and remember how prepare and ready you are for it!

marlo45

Postby marlo45 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

All the way up to test day, i was struggling with time on all sections but mostly worried about LG. On test day, i finished the games comfortably (doubt i missed any; 'twas February so i don't know for sure). I scored just about my PT average, but below my personal best. Try to relax and go into it like you normally would when doing a PT. I actually went to the site and sat in the room before test day, just to feel like i've been there before. I know it's not the kind of story you want to hear, but i also chimed in to say good luck.

matt@manhattanlsat

Postby matt@manhattanlsat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Here's my last minute tip for those of you taking the June LSAT; live in the now. Don't worry about your overall score and don't be distracted by whether everything goes according to plan. Be flexible in your test taking strategy.

With each question you see, focus on that information as if there was nothing else in the world to think about. Be curious about what you're reading, and enjoy test day! It's a big day. You've put all this time into earning your score, and now it's time to go punch your card. You know (roughly) what your score will be, and if you don't, you shouldn't be walking into the test center.

For those of you hoping for a last minute miracle, it could happen. For me, I went up 8 points in the last 10 days before the LSAT. Good luck everyone!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”