Has anyone scored real low on the initial diagnostic?

TDragon

Has anyone scored real low on the initial diagnostic?

Postby TDragon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:41 pm

So,first just wanted to say hi. Been around these boards recently but haven't registered till now. These forums have been a great help in finding all the information i need to know about the LSAT. I know all the basics and beginners guide to the LSAT and I have taken the initial diagnostic cold.

I scored a 134 :oops: on the first one and took a 2nd PT and got the same exact thing. (PT52 and PT42). I plan on self studying and taking the lsat October (about 4 months from now) and i have about 175-200 hrs of studying scheduled until that time. I have lowered my work hours to barely nothing and I have tons of time to commit to this. I have made it my #1 priority till October. I really rather not take it in December unless my PT dont reflect the score i want leading up to October. I just received the Powerscore bible trilogy and i plan to read them all within my time frame. I also plan on taking 25-30 PT(official LSAC) before the October LSAT. I am not taking it lightly and i know what is at stake.

After seeing a lot of you guys post that your initial diagnostic was around a 150+ ( I realize there are a lot of smart ass people here), are there any others that scored around my initial score and still managed to do well with a good amount of time studying? My goal would be around a 160 (with a 3.5 gpa) but that is a huge point increase from what I have now (though i have never took a test like the PT LSATs that i did on my first diagnostic nor did I study or know what to except from them).

gaud

Re: Has anyone scored real low on the initial diagnostic?

Postby gaud » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I'd recommend looking into this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

I know someone with a diagnostic score similar to yours that ended up with a 165. Totally possible for you. Good luck.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm

What worries me from the get-go is that "scored real low" is really bad grammar.... But yes, I suppose anything is possible if you put in the time and effort.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Scored a 14x on my diagnostic and after 4 months of prep have been scoring above 170 in the vast majority of my PTs.

Getting through the Bibles alone bumped my score up to a 165.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 pm

I've had students in my classes who have scored pretty much everywhere on the initial diagnostic (including below the level at which you'd score if you just guessed a single letter for every question). Some go up just a little (though these tend to be the students with language issues), some go up quite a lot. Don't worry about where you're starting; only worry about getting better with each study session.

Also, don't worry about hitting a high score. Worry about hitting a slightly higher score. Then a score a little higher than that. If you're looking to add 30 points to your score (which, I'm not going to lie, is very difficult and rare, yet possible), you need to go up by 5 points first. Then 7. Then 12, etc... Look at those small successes instead of waiting for a huge one; it'll keep you sane.

TDragon

Postby TDragon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm

bp shinners wrote:Also, don't worry about hitting a high score. Worry about hitting a slightly higher score. Then a score a little higher than that. If you're looking to add 30 points to your score (which, I'm not going to lie, is very difficult and rare, yet possible), you need to go up by 5 points first. Then 7. Then 12, etc... Look at those small successes instead of waiting for a huge one; it'll keep you sane.

That's the plan,thanks for the advice. Hopefully once i start to crack open the Bibles, the PTs will start improving gradually.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”