Early Test Date vs. Multiple Score w/r/t Scholarships Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
screaming_meemies

New

Early Test Date vs. Multiple Score w/r/t Scholarships

Post by screaming_meemies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:42 am

Hey,

I, like so many people on these boards, am fretting about whether to take the June LSAT or push it back until October. And while I'll spare you the specific details of my own quandary, permit me to ask a couple questions regarding postponement in general: 1. How do late cycle test scores affect scholarship chances, particularly the named scholarships? 2. In doling out these scholarships, how do schools factor in multiple test scores? Would they average them? Just take the high? Eliminate a candidate purely on the basis of their having re-taken? I haven't the slightest...

Advance thanks for any insight.

dowu

Platinum

Re: Early Test Date vs. Multiple Score w/r/t Scholarships

Post by dowu » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

screaming_meemies

New

Post by screaming_meemies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks both for the direct and tacit advice. Unfortunately, I do sometimes tend to talk in the style of that post. Efforts to avoid sounding like an oaf (especially in a first post) can lead to pedantic/grandiloquent BS, which is arguably worse. I'll chill in the future.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote: I hope you don't talk like this in real life.
Haha. +1

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:03 pm

screaming_meemies wrote:Thanks both for the direct and tacit advice. Unfortunately, I do sometimes tend to talk in the style of that post. Efforts to avoid sounding like an oaf (especially in a first post) can lead to pedantic/grandiloquent BS, which is arguably worse. I'll chill in the future.
LOL, well I'll be the first to tell you that if you talk like this regularly on TLS, people will probably make fun of you.

Also, I forgot to link a very important thread regarding retakes and about which schools, in particular, take your highest LSAT and which ones average the scores.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html

Good luck!

screaming_meemies

New

Post by screaming_meemies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:18 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
screaming_meemies wrote:Thanks both for the direct and tacit advice. Unfortunately, I do sometimes tend to talk in the style of that post. Efforts to avoid sounding like an oaf (especially in a first post) can lead to pedantic/grandiloquent BS, which is arguably worse. I'll chill in the future.
LOL, well I'll be the first to tell you that if you talk like this regularly on TLS, people will probably make fun of you.

Also, I forgot to link a very important thread regarding retakes and about which schools, in particular, take your highest LSAT and which ones average the scores.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html

Good luck!
Thanks for the seriously helpful link.

And if my verbal tics come at the cost of some TLS ribbing, I'll survive (somehow).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”