How much do folks study for LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Gold

Re: How much do folks study for LSAT

Post by 094320 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:05 pm

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

cc.celina wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
cc.celina wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote: I do think anyone could get -0, or close it
I don't know, I don't entirely buy it. My boyfriend says the same thing about multivariable calc tests, on the grounds that "calculus just makes so much sense!"
Calculus makes sense, thus LG makes sense.
My GPA begs to differ
:lol: :lol:

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm

acrossthelake wrote:I mean, you generally shouldn't take the LSAT until your practice exams are within range of a school that will probably give you a good employment outcome upon graduation(I won't debate this, whatever you think it is). The amount of time someone needs to put in to reach that point varies widely and you basically should keep going until you reach that point, however long that takes. If you don't want to put in the time to ever reach that point or think it's impossible to do it then you probably shouldn't go to law school.
I completely agree. This is the point I was trying to make earlier, thank you for making it much clearer.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:15 pm

jgloster wrote:Does everyone put in retarded amounts of prep for the LSAT, or is it just the people on here? I'm taking the June LSAT and I'm interested.
To each his/her own. I studied practiced for 3.5 months. It turned out i needed at least 6. Prepping and feeling like you've maxed out might mean you need to tweak your approach. The bells didn't start ringing for me until i realized the LSAT is always right. Once i admitted that i was falling for their traps, i increased my accuracy immediately. My approach was to get the accuracy at a high level first then start to work on time (i think that's what most people do, too). Don't take it until you feel like you're where you need to be as far as familiarity with their tricks.

I'm guessing the average prep time for people who score near/above 170 is about 6 months.

I only read the OP and page 1 of the responses. So, if this was already said, ignore it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”