How long did it take you to "get" logic games?

womynlover

How long did it take you to "get" logic games?

Postby womynlover » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm

I feel that I could be near perfect on the other sections by the end of the month. But I've missed anywhere between 10-15 on the logic games sections on my PTs. I always hear about people breezing through them at some point in their study process, so I want to get to that point too.

I bought the LG bible and the Cambridge LG question compilation. I've been doing a few a day, but I obviously need to focus more on the LG.

At what point and after what type/amount of studying did you "get" logic games?

honeycomb

Re: How long did it take you to "get" logic games?

Postby honeycomb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

womynlover wrote:I feel that I could be near perfect on the other sections by the end of the month. But I've missed anywhere between 10-15 on the logic games sections on my PTs. I always hear about people breezing through them at some point in their study process, so I want to get to that point too.

I bought the LG bible and the Cambridge LG question compilation. I've been doing a few a day, but I obviously need to focus more on the LG.

At what point and after what type/amount of studying did you "get" logic games?

I was not doing well on LG at all (getting -8 at best on each section) and then I drilled for about five days straight, approx 8 hrs/day and now I'm getting around -1.

What really helped me was breaking it down by game type and then redoing all of the games I ever took too long on or missed a question on. Lots of erasing and lots of repetition until I got it right. Then I would do it again 2 days later to make sure it was still clicking.

As a warning: I didn't do a good job of throwing in some LR and RC drilling with my LG, so initially my score remained static because my LG shot up but my LR and RC all fell just a few points, enough to make the difference. So balance it out!

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm

I worked through the Powerscore LG Bible and kept drilling with any game I could get my hands on. I average ~2 on the LG sections now.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy doing the games. Approaching the section with a positive attitude really does help.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I took my time and did a couple of logic games untimed (studying with a friend who was having a lot of trouble with LGs) and it just... clicked. I began a tear of four straight LG sections with -0, and now the only time I get any wrong is from careless mistakes (mistakes in diagramming or mis-bubbling). LG is definitely my strongest section. Time is normally the crucial factor for people, though, I suppose.

marlo45

Postby marlo45 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:37 pm

womynlover wrote:I bought the LG bible

Say no more, brother. This is the reason i 'got' logic games. It took less than 2 weeks to 'get' it, but more than a month to start doing them in good time. Keep at it and you will, too.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”