How familiar are you with your testing center? And + Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shifty_eyed

Gold

How familiar are you with your testing center? And +

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm

How far do you have to travel to get there?

I signed up too late, and I have to take mine in another city at a community college I haven't had a chance to scope out. I am spending Sunday night in a hotel so I don't have to drive there that day.

I'm jealous of people who are in undergrad and get to take theirs at their undergrad school. Mine doesn't even have the LSAT on its campus, but that would have been SO nice!

Br3v

Gold

Re: How familiar are you with your testing center? And +

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:How far do you have to travel to get there?

I signed up too late, and I have to take mine in another city at a community college I haven't had a chance to scope out. I am spending Sunday night in a hotel so I don't have to drive there that day.

I'm jealous of people who are in undergrad and get to take theirs at their undergrad school. Mine doesn't even have the LSAT on its campus, but that would have been SO nice!
I am taking mine back home, still about an hr away. Scoped it out today!

Edit: Also, I preferred home town to college town. Less hectic I would think.
Last edited by Br3v on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I actually have been studying in the room that I will be taking the LSAT in for about 2 months now, which is in my UG's Union.

I live 2 blocks away from the Union, so its an easy walk.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm

MillerTheThriller wrote:I actually have been studying in the room that I will be taking the LSAT in for about 2 months now, which is in my UG's Union.

I live 2 blocks away from the Union, so its an easy walk.
Nice!!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm

No clue how my test center is going to be like. Hope it's not too shitty. But have to travel an hour and half; hoping the drive there in the morning will calm my nerves for the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:

No clue how my test center is going to be like. Hope it's not too shitty. But have to travel an hour and half; hoping the drive there in the morning will calm my nerves for the test.
Bring a sick mix tape

honeycomb

New

Post by honeycomb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm taking it 45 miles away. Went there on Monday and the testing room number that was on my admissions ticket was a pretty small empty room. I'm wondering if that's the registration room?

How early is everyone getting to their testing center?? This past Monday I left at 10:30 to try to get there by 11:30... ended up getting there around 11:05 and that seemed like a lot of anxious waiting time.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to ask ITT.

What time does it start Monday? I thought one time, but printing
Out my ticket today I learned I was off!

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:03 pm

I scoped out Northwestern's law school last weekend, it's a beautiful building. Creeped in a couple classrooms and they all had nice long tables with lots of desk space, which was a huge relief. Decided to remove the potential for disaster that comes with driving downtown, and just take the train at 11:00, leaving enough time for some warm up questions before the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JDot

New

Post by JDot » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am

Luckily I live in a city with plenty of colleges in it so I'm taking mine like 10 minutes away from my apartment.

Anyone that has to drive far just be thankful the June test is given at 1:00pm. It would be brutal having to drive an hour or more away to take the usual 9:00am test.

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 am

I'm taking mine 15 minutes away. I took the December test there. It's roomy and new with big tables for testing.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:35 am

I'm taking mine about 20 minutes from my house at Temple. I haven't actually been to the actually building yet but I've been on Temple's campus on and off for years so I feel pretty comfortable with it and it's pretty easy to figure out where you need to be. I signed up as soon as you were able to, I had a bad experience with not doing that in high school (signed up for the SAT the day of the deadline and wound up taking the test in the middle of nowhere at a high school that a had an agricultural studies program and a farm on campus).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”