LOGIC GAMES BIBLE QUESTION

Aurora

LOGIC GAMES BIBLE QUESTION

Postby Aurora » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:55 am

I am having some trouble understanding the explanation of drill #6 (p.62) from the Logic Game Bible. It is a question about floors. Any help would be appreciated.

mindarmed

Re: LOGIC GAMES BIBLE QUESTION

Postby mindarmed » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 am

Aurora wrote:I am having some trouble understanding the explanation of drill #6 (p.62) from the Logic Game Bible. It is a question about floors. Any help would be appreciated.

It is important to note that floor 4 cannot have a student assigned to it. The first rule states that P must be assigned to the floor directly above Q, that creates a QP block that must be placed somewhere in the game. Thus, the QP block may either be placed on the 1st and 2nd floors, 2nd or 3rd floors, or 5th and 6th floors. The second rule states that R must be assigned to floor 6. So, we now know that the QP block cannot be placed in the 5th and 6th floors. We also know that either S or T must be placed on the 5th floor since they are the only two remaining students to be placed.

The diagram looks as follows:

1: NOT P
2: P/Q
3: NOT Q
4: XXXXXX
5: S/T
6: R

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”