PT 63 RC abnormally difficult?

sanjola

Re: PT 63 RC abnormally difficult?

Postby sanjola » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
sanjola wrote:I took PT63 today and got -9 on RC, which is a little worse than I usually do on RC. It was frustrating because I had done so well on the first 2 sections (1LR-2, LG-0) and then a sad -8 on LR2.

Anyway, I didn't necessarily find the questions to be too difficult, but the passages themselves were a little brutal. That, coupled with it being the last section, probably contributed to the unfortunate score.

This is exactly what happened to me. LR1 -1, LG -0, LR2 -6 RC -10... Le sigh...

I wouldn't worry so much about this one, though. It seemed uncharacteristically difficult.

Good too hear I wasn't the only one who had a rough time with this PT.

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 am

my RC usually goes -2. but I got -7 on 63!
in retrospect, the passages are not that difficult. but the first two passages are just dense the first time through it. ended up not having enough time and guessed on quite a few questions.

hope this one does not represent the difficulty level of RC in 60's!

SaintsTheMetal

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

omegaomega wrote:my RC usually goes -2. but I got -7 on 63!
in retrospect, the passages are not that difficult. but the first two passages are just dense the first time through it. ended up not having enough time and guessed on quite a few questions.

took 64 yesterday and found RC64 much more difficult than 63 =/
Hoping 65 today is better... for me it really depends if there is any sciency passage where I can make up some time

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:22 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:

Hoping 65 today is better... for me it really depends if there is any sciency passage where I can make up some time

IMO, 65 is the WORST EVER.

princeR

Postby princeR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Nova wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote:

IMO, 65 is the WORST EVER.

Somehow managed a -5 on 65 RC. The last passage is very difficult if you let yourself get bogged down in the content, which I did. I learned a good lesson though. On those ridiculous science passages, keep a birds eye view, try to find the MP of the passage and the purpose of each paragraph. The problem was that I got so bogged down when the questions wanted me to go back I had no idea what that paragraph was even about.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”