Strategy for next week

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Strategy for next week

Postby Helicio » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey guys,

So I feel like I make a post like this a lot, but you guys have given me great advice so far and hearing it from you guys makes me feel better, so given my performance on my latest PT I was wondering what you think I should do to maximize performance on the LSAT. How should I most effectively use the upcoming week?

Latest Ptest (taken today, December 2010 Preptest 62):

Raw Score: 96

Score: 177

RC Number 1: -0
LR Number 1: -0
LG Number 1: -4 (Usually I get -0, but ran out of time and had to guess on the last one)
LR Number 2: -2

My weakest section was RC last week but I sat down and did a ton of RC passages. Should I just drill RC and LG? I think I am good with LR; I understand all the mistakes I make, and what mistakes I do make simply come from the time pressure.

Thanks my hommies. I <3 you.

Also, please God give us an LR experimental.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Strategy for next week

Postby Br3v » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:36 am

Helicio wrote:Hey guys,

So I feel like I make a post like this a lot, but you guys have given me great advice so far and hearing it from you guys makes me feel better, so given my performance on my latest PT I was wondering what you think I should do to maximize performance on the LSAT. How should I most effectively use the upcoming week?

Latest Ptest (taken today, December 2010 Preptest 62):

Raw Score: 96

Score: 177

RC Number 1: -0
LR Number 1: -0
LG Number 1: -4 (Usually I get -0, but ran out of time and had to guess on the last one)
LR Number 2: -2

My weakest section was RC last week but I sat down and did a ton of RC passages. Should I just drill RC and LG? I think I am good with LR; I understand all the mistakes I make, and what mistakes I do make simply come from the time pressure.

Thanks my hommies. I <3 you.

Also, please God give us an LR experimental.


My plan is to finish remaining PT's and drill RC and LG, so yeah, this sounds good.

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Strategy for next week

Postby Helicio » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 am

Br3v wrote:
Helicio wrote:Hey guys,

So I feel like I make a post like this a lot, but you guys have given me great advice so far and hearing it from you guys makes me feel better, so given my performance on my latest PT I was wondering what you think I should do to maximize performance on the LSAT. How should I most effectively use the upcoming week?

Latest Ptest (taken today, December 2010 Preptest 62):

Raw Score: 96

Score: 177

RC Number 1: -0
LR Number 1: -0
LG Number 1: -4 (Usually I get -0, but ran out of time and had to guess on the last one)
LR Number 2: -2

My weakest section was RC last week but I sat down and did a ton of RC passages. Should I just drill RC and LG? I think I am good with LR; I understand all the mistakes I make, and what mistakes I do make simply come from the time pressure.

Thanks my hommies. I <3 you.

Also, please God give us an LR experimental.


My plan is to finish remaining PT's and drill RC and LG, so yeah, this sounds good.


Nice, that is exactly what I'll be doing. Also: Will you guys be studying the day before the test? If so, how long and in what way?

Thanks guys.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Strategy for next week

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 am

Helicio wrote:
Also, please God give us an LR LG experimental.

TheColonel
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Strategy for next week

Postby TheColonel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:08 am

Just to give a slightly different perspective, I'll throw my two cents in. I'm basically in the same boat as you are (PTing high 170s) and I think that I am reaching diminishing returns on drilling. I will be devoting a bunch of time to in depth review of all the PTs from June 2007 on to try and tease out any final bits of information about the more recent exams. That said, I'm planning on doing the 64 and 65 along with one or two post June 2007 PTs that will be retakes. I'll probably redo some games just because I enjoy them and I'm a little scared of getting rusty.

Also standing in the way of my drilling is the fact that I don't have a ton of material to drill with. I've pretty much used up all of the recent stuff. I went and tried some old (early 90s) RC passages and they felt very different so I stopped since it seemed like I could use my time better.

TheColonel
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Strategy for next week

Postby TheColonel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:11 am

Helicio wrote:
Nice, that is exactly what I'll be doing. Also: Will you guys be studying the day before the test? If so, how long and in what way?

Thanks guys.


I'm PTing Friday, reviewing Saturday, and taking Sunday completely off. I have to go on a longish drive so I'm looking forward to some time for pondering and generally clearing my head for Monday.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests