Considering a Re-schedule

collegebum1989

Considering a Re-schedule

Postby collegebum1989 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm

June test is about 10 days away and I'm not scoring in the range that I had hoped to be at this point in time. I want to get around a 170-175, but realistically I'm scoring low 160's on my timed practice and 167ish on my untimed tests so I don't think it will be acheivable by the test date. I'm planning on re-taking on October, but how should I proceed:

A. Take the June Test anyway and cancel the scores after
B. Take the June Test and see how I did while continuing to prepare for October
C. Don't attempt the June Test and just reschedule for an additional fee

I appreciate thoughts on which option would be the best. Also, I never felt like I studied inadequately for the test. However, I can't seem to be making any more improvements within the last month. I was averaging about 160s for the last 2 months and can't seem to go any higher.

bingbang1025

Re: Considering a Re-schedule

Postby bingbang1025 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Postpone it 100%. The only reasons you have in your head for not postponing are likely emotional, which I totally understand. E.g., "everyone knows ive been studying for this and it'll be embarassing to say i'm pushing it back", "what if i don't even improve and it's a waste of time" (unlikely).

Trust me, postpone it. PM me if you want more reasons why. I took the LSAT multiple times, had absences, cancelations (yes, plural), and got one solid score and schools were fine with it. having 1 solid score and cancelations/absences etc> 1 high score and 1 low score.

DEFINITELY do not take the test just to "see what you get", definitely don't take it just to cancel it. Save cancelations for legitimate issues that may pop up in the future. Just reschedule it.

dowu

Re: Considering a Re-schedule

Postby dowu » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 pm

:shock: :shock:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”