What's Your Most Feared Experimental Section? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DaRascal

Gold

What's Your Most Feared Experimental Section?

Post by DaRascal » Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 am

For me it's Games. I've gotten better at them and can often get -2 or -3 on them, but for some reason I haven't gotten faster at them. Even though I know how to diagram all kinds of games, by the time I get to the fourth game I usually have 6 minutes left.

My biggest fear is having an experimental games section because that will increase the likelihood I get stuck on a game/don't diagram it as effectively as I could have and that'll start a panic domino effect.

What about you guys?

Platinum

Re: What's Your Most Feared Experimental Section?

Post by 2014 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 am

I always dreaded experimental RCs because for me they were a gruesome time sink and more a test of focus and endurance than anything. It feels like the real test is harder for me when the 5th section is RC.

I love experimental games, I could do that shit all day.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 am

RC. Just brutal. You have to speed read and stayed focus. That shit is draining, and to do it twice!

QuincyWagstaff

New

Post by QuincyWagstaff » Thu May 31, 2012 3:01 am

I felt the same way about RC. I wrote the exam twice, and both times I got an RC experimental. With the adrenaline of the real thing, it ended up not being an issue at all, and I got solid RC scores on both. So, basically don't waste any time worrying about a your nightmare experimental scenario.

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 am

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 am

RC because it sucks. I'd absolutely love an experimental LG.

TrialLawyer16

Bronze

Post by TrialLawyer16 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 am

2014 wrote:I always dreaded experimental RCs because for me they were a gruesome time sink and more a test of focus and endurance than anything. It feels like the real test is harder for me when the 5th section is RC.

I love experimental games, I could do that shit all day.
+1

I wish the whole test was games

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu May 31, 2012 10:15 am

RC by far. There should be a poll, although I think the results are already clear.

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am

I'm a little bit surprised that RC is the near-unanimous choice so far. For me, despite the fact that it's my strongest section (typically no more than -2 for the whole test), I find LR to be the most exhausting experimental section to get. Generally by the end of the second one, the constant switching from one task to the next has me fatigued, and seeing a third one come up is pretty discouraging.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

Swimp wrote:I'm a little bit surprised that RC is the near-unanimous choice so far. For me, despite the fact that it's my strongest section (typically no more than -2 for the whole test), I find LR to be the most exhausting experimental section to get. Generally by the end of the second one, the constant switching from one task to the next has me fatigued, and seeing a third one come up is pretty discouraging.
LR is the easiest section IMO, but it is seriously annoying to have 3 of them!

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 am

You don't need to fear any of them. And, please, do your best not to: you might get rattled on test day if your fear is realized. See if you'll agree with me:

Test validity and reliability are extremely importantto LSAC. The type of variable section administered is no doubt something that has been shown in general, ceteris paribus, not to significantly affect takers' scores.

Think of whichever one you get as no different than any of the other two you could have gotten. If you have a knack for games but get RC, it's no big deal. You should do just as well on the games and passages that do count, even if you had you gotten a variable games instead.

The composition of this test is a science that LSAC has been, to great effect, perfecting over the years. Trust them.

You'll do great! (If you've satisfied all individually necessary and jointly sufficient conditions to do so, that is :wink: )

PLXTDNR

Bronze

Post by PLXTDNR » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

I've taken it twice. First time I got experimental games. I almost cried. Second time, I told my LSAT instructor - gosh, I'm so good at reading comp I'd LOVE to get an experimental reading comp! Got what I wished for, and dang if I wasn't dead wrong on that being a good thing. Now I'm decent enough at games that they don't intimidate me anymore. So, for me, I would HATE to get a reading comp experimental. One - I can handle. Two? I'm in a puddle, robbed of all energy or ability to think lucidly.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
bruss wrote:RC. Just brutal. You have to speed read and stayed focus. That shit is draining, and to do it twice!
If I see a RC passage as my experimental, I'll freak.
UGH, this happened to me. Definitely my worst case scenario. The worst part was i felt like I killed the experimental (section one), but I bombed the real section (4).

PLXTDNR

Bronze

Post by PLXTDNR » Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Nova wrote:UGH, this happened to me. Definitely my worst case scenario. The worst part was i felt like I killed the experimental (section one), but I bombed the real section (4).
I got RC 2nd - and then 5th. Unfortunately, 5th counted. That sucked.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”