Has Anyone Here Ever Gambled on the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
roaringeagle

Bronze

Re: Has Anyone Here Ever Gambled on the LSAT

Post by roaringeagle » Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 pm

go in with your game face on. don't gamble.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Except for that time when the experimental was the fourth section. Doh!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm

I gambled about $250k on the LSAT

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 pm

presidentk1 wrote:the experiment section always shows up in 1 of the first 3 sections

there is only 1 graded RC section.

therefore, if you have 2 RC sections, 1 of them is def. going to be the experimental

and if one shows up in part 1,2, or 3 and the other in part 4 or 5

then you know for a fact that the first RC section was the experimental

this same thing applies to the games as well
but not for the LR sections
On a recent test (Oct 2011?), the experimental was 4th. You can't count obn that anymore.

NYC2012

Bronze

Post by NYC2012 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Last edited by NYC2012 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 am

I offered to wager with people in another forum and no one took me up on it. Offer still stands...

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 am

presidentk1 wrote:sometimes you dont need to gamble, you can know for a fact

for example:

if the first section is RC,
and your test booklet should so happen to fall on the floor, landing on section 5, showing that it too is RC

then you know for a fact that section 1 is an experimental section

Haha Clever. Don't know if I'd have the balls to do it though. I get the feeling that the LSAT proctors are the stiff, cold types who would throw someone out and rip up their exams in front of them for the smallest of disturbances.

And you have to play the odds and figure that the October 2011 LSAT is an exception and that trend is not likely to continue.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 am

Micdiddy wrote:I offered to wager with people in another forum and no one took me up on it. Offer still stands...
$5 for you if you get 179+, $1 for me for any other outcome. Deal?

presidentk1

Bronze

Post by presidentk1 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 am

i didnt know it came on part 4 of the oct 2011

must be the first time it ever happened

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 am

deepblue wrote:It would actually be cool to bet on LSATs. Like if I get >= X score then you give me $ and if I don't then I give you $. It would be very motivating.
I bet my fiancee on my LSAT score. But the over/under she set made me choose the under :lol:

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
deepblue wrote:It would actually be cool to bet on LSATs. Like if I get >= X score then you give me $ and if I don't then I give you $. It would be very motivating.
I bet my fiancee on my LSAT score. But the over/under she set made me choose the under :lol:
Less work taking the under...

Wait, we're talking about you being on bottom, right?

bdeebs

Bronze

Post by bdeebs » Thu May 31, 2012 1:32 am

My friend gave me 50-1 odds that I'll get into a top 3 school. So in a way, I'm betting on it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 am

i did it. in fact, i took an even bigger gamble. my 3rd section was rc, and the first two passages seemed sort of strange, so i stopped doing it. i still filled in random bubbles, but i decided to conserve myself in order to do gain an advantage on my next 2 sections. Sure enough, the very next section was rc. I remember hearing that the experimental will only be within the first 3 sections, so i took the gamble. HUGE risk for a nominal reward. I did it, but I absolutely DO NOT recommend anyone do this...it is a huge risk.

btw, this was october 2011, and it was the first time expirementals showed up in the 4th sections, so this could have been very bad for me.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Thu May 31, 2012 1:45 am

mattviphky wrote:i did it. in fact, i took an even bigger gamble. my 3rd section was rc, and the first two passages seemed sort of strange, so i stopped doing it. i still filled in random bubbles, but i decided to conserve myself in order to do gain an advantage on my next 2 sections. Sure enough, the very next section was rc. I remember hearing that the experimental will only be within the first 3 sections, so i took the gamble. HUGE risk for a nominal reward. I did it, but I absolutely DO NOT recommend anyone do this...it is a huge risk.

btw, this was october 2011, and it was the first time expirementals showed up in the 4th sections, so this could have been very bad for me.

LMAO! Dude that's awesome! :mrgreen:

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
BearState wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:No, because fatigue was a non-factor for me. The LSAT isn't even half as long as the longest test I've ever taken.

Also, it's a terrible, stupid idea.
Rinkrat, what test do you refer to?
Fundamentals of Engineering. 8-hour* test. The test booklet is literally 1/2" thick.

*8a-12, 1 hr lunch break, 1-5p
Ouch... Sounds BRUTAL!

Just wait for the Bar Exam.... Eiiip! ;)

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Thu May 31, 2012 11:17 am

mattviphky wrote:i did it. in fact, i took an even bigger gamble. my 3rd section was rc, and the first two passages seemed sort of strange, so i stopped doing it. i still filled in random bubbles, but i decided to conserve myself in order to do gain an advantage on my next 2 sections. Sure enough, the very next section was rc. I remember hearing that the experimental will only be within the first 3 sections, so i took the gamble. HUGE risk for a nominal reward. I did it, but I absolutely DO NOT recommend anyone do this...it is a huge risk.

OMG this is literally crazy............

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deepblue

New

Post by deepblue » Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 am

Micdiddy wrote:I offered to wager with people in another forum and no one took me up on it. Offer still stands...
Hahah. How much do you want to wager?

It seems we are both shooting for Yale. How about I give you $200 if you get in. And you give me $200 if I get in.

I give you $100 for getting into Harvard, and you do the same for me.

I give you $50 for getting 177+ and you do the same on my end.

This isn't final. Does this sound like a plan?

The main problem is that I don't know how we'd guarantee that we'd follow through...

patienunderstanding

Bronze

Post by patienunderstanding » Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Question to those who already took the LSAT. When you have a booklet in front of you, can you 'delicately' skim through, let say just barely look through it and see what is section 2 or 3 for example?

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 pm

patienunderstanding wrote:Question to those who already took the LSAT. When you have a booklet in front of you, can you 'delicately' skim through, let say just barely look through it and see what is section 2 or 3 for example?
Um, no.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 am

deepblue wrote:
Hahah. How much do you want to wager?

It seems we are both shooting for Yale. How about I give you $200 if you get in. And you give me $200 if I get in.

I give you $100 for getting into Harvard, and you do the same for me.

I give you $50 for getting 177+ and you do the same on my end.

This isn't final. Does this sound like a plan?

The main problem is that I don't know how we'd guarantee that we'd follow through...
Well, I def cannot bet on getting into Yale or Harvard because my gpa sucks so even with a great score I will not necessarily get in. I would def take a bet on 177+ but yeah unsure how we'd follow through. Gentlemen's bet then?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 am

glucose101 wrote:
patienunderstanding wrote:Question to those who already took the LSAT. When you have a booklet in front of you, can you 'delicately' skim through, let say just barely look through it and see what is section 2 or 3 for example?
Um, no.
I was wondering this too. At the end of your first section can't you just flip the page fr a second? How would the procor know you're not going from the 2nd to last page to the last??

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:25 am

Micdiddy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:
Um, no.
I was wondering this too. At the end of your first section can't you just flip the page fr a second? How would the procor know you're not going from the 2nd to last page to the last??
Fucking ethics, how do they work?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:
Um, no.
I don't know, I think they need batteries?

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:29 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:
Um, no.
Oh fuck ethics. This is the LSAT, man. Gotta use whatever you can to your advantage.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”