2 Weeks Out Need a Little Help Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sferrier

New

2 Weeks Out Need a Little Help

Post by sferrier » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am

Hi,
I have two weeks before I am taking the LSAT. My goal is to get a 165. I am still getting too many questions wrong in Logical Reasoning. For 3-4 questions on each section I am narrowing the answers down to 2 choices but I pick the incorrect answers. Bellow are my last three test scores. Any help/advice well be much appreciated. Thank you

R -7 LG -6 LR1: -5 LR2: -8
R-6 LG -4 LR1: -6 LR2: -7
R-2 LG -2 LR1:-3 LR2: -7

pdeturk

Bronze

Re: 2 Weeks Out Need a Little Help

Post by pdeturk » Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 am

sferrier wrote:Hi,
I have two weeks before I am taking the LSAT. My goal is to get a 165. I am still getting too many questions wrong in Logical Reasoning. For 3-4 questions on each section I am narrowing the answers down to 2 choices but I pick the incorrect answers. Bellow are my last three test scores. Any help/advice well be much appreciated. Thank you

R -7 LG -6 LR1: -5 LR2: -8
R-6 LG -4 LR1: -6 LR2: -7
R-2 LG -2 LR1:-3 LR2: -7

What have you been doing to study? If you haven't done the LG Bible and the LR Bible, that would be a great place to start. It'll probably take more than 2 weeks though...

sferrier

New

Post by sferrier » Tue May 29, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks for the advice, I have done both of those and it has helped a lot with the logic games. Right now I am taking timed practice tests and going back seeing what I got wrong and then reviewing areas of commonly missed questions. In part I feel that I just don't have an effective strategy for the LR section. I sometimes miss easier questions in the 2nd section of LR for whatever reason.

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 am

[quote="sferrier"]Thanks for the advice, I have done both of those and it has helped a lot with the logic games. Right now I am taking timed practice tests and going back seeing what I got wrong and then reviewing areas of commonly missed questions. In part I feel that I just don't have an effective strategy for the LR section. I sometimes miss easier questions in the 2nd section of LR for whatever reason.[/quote]

That reason is fatigue. Just drill and drill straight sections (3 LR and 2 RC or 5 LR...your choice). I was experiencing the same thing and the drilling helped tremendously. Now my LR is -6 to -8 combined.

sferrier

New

Post by sferrier » Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, I am probably going to go the 3LR and 2RC section route. As well as re-read a good chunk of the LR Bible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm no LR expert. But my advice is stick to answers that address the argument core (What is the argument about? How did we get from the premise to conclusion). Also, pick the weaker answer choice for the most part. Not sure if that helps, but if it does...cool.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 31, 2012 9:32 am

boblawlob wrote:I'm no LR expert. But my advice is stick to answers that address the argument core (What is the argument about? How did we get from the premise to conclusion). Also, pick the weaker answer choice for the most part. Not sure if that helps, but if it does...cool.

I get it

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 am

phillykid wrote:
sferrier wrote:Thanks for the advice, I have done both of those and it has helped a lot with the logic games. Right now I am taking timed practice tests and going back seeing what I got wrong and then reviewing areas of commonly missed questions. In part I feel that I just don't have an effective strategy for the LR section. I sometimes miss easier questions in the 2nd section of LR for whatever reason.[/quote]

That reason is fatigue. Just drill and drill straight sections (3 LR and 2 RC or 5 LR...your choice). I was experiencing the same thing and the drilling helped tremendously. Now my LR is -6 to -8 combined.

Are you saying we should drill by sections or drill by question type?

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 am

LionelHutzJD wrote:
phillykid wrote:
sferrier wrote:Thanks for the advice, I have done both of those and it has helped a lot with the logic games. Right now I am taking timed practice tests and going back seeing what I got wrong and then reviewing areas of commonly missed questions. In part I feel that I just don't have an effective strategy for the LR section. I sometimes miss easier questions in the 2nd section of LR for whatever reason.[/quote]

Are you saying we should drill by sections or drill by question type?
Depends. For OP I meant just sections because it sounds like fatigue is an issue for him. If you don't think fatigue is an issue for yourself then target question types you miss and drill them. Best of luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”