Studying for October LSAT

MusicallyLost

Studying for October LSAT

Postby MusicallyLost » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I want to hit the ground running this summer. I am officially registered for the October LSAT. I will be graduating in May 2013, and will be attending law school in the fall. My GPA will most likely end up at a 3.5 (Music Industry major), and I am looking into UCLA, USC, Southwestern, Stanford (HUGE reach), and Pepperdine. I'm looking to get at least a 170 on the LSAT, which will hopefully create the path for many large scholarships.

I have the bibles, and will be spending 3-4 hours a day in the library studying. Luckily, I'm taking the LSAT at my school, so I'm sure I can sneak into the room and practice in there as well. I know my GPA isn't ideal, but I think with a high LSAT score that should open some doors for me. Is there any advice anyone can give about studying for the LSAT? I don't have the cash to put out for a prep course, so I will be flying solo. Also, is there any advice for getting into my choice schools? Or any recommendations on other schools in the LA area? I would like to specialize in Entertainment Law. THANKS EVERYONE!

bruss

Re: Studying for October LSAT

Postby bruss » Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Follow this guide, most of us here swear by it. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

Also the best school for entertainment law is Stanford

UCLA, USC, Stanford are the only schools you should be AIMING for in the cali area.

Edit: take a diagnostic test now. On the lsac site they have a free test. Do that test under strict time conditions so you know where your base line is.

The earlier you start the better off you will be.
Last edited by bruss on Sun May 27, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 pm

That guide is what's up ^

also, add Berkeley to that list.

MusicallyLost

Postby MusicallyLost » Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Any idea what I should be getting on the LSAT for UCLA, USC, and Stanford? Also, are these school achievable with my lower GPA? I know Stanford is a big reach...However, I do have a Stanford Alumni that will write me an amazing LOR.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Unless you're a URM, even then actually, I think you're out at Stanford. Probably out at Berkeley too unless you've done some crazy ass stuff for your softs. Both because they love GPAs. Since you'll be below the GPA median at USC and UCLA, I would say a 168+ is what you'd need.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”