>>>>>>

slburgess86

>>>>>>

Postby slburgess86 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Last edited by slburgess86 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pat4redick

Re: Whats the best way to gain speed in the Logic games?

Postby pat4redick » Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 pm

slburgess86 wrote:I just set down with a newer PT and went through the logic games section to see how long it would take me if I didnt rush myself at all, and just answered all the questions. Well the good news is I only got 2 wrong, The bad news, it took me an hour and 18 minutes!!!! What types of drills are best do get me through these test faster? I am wanting to get a score high enough to get a good sholarship to NKU, I took the LSAT once and got a 150, I dont want to get the same pathetic score in OCT.

Have you gotten the PowerScore Logic Games Bible? It was the material that benefited me the most. I went from scrambling to finish on time and missing 5-7 questions to where, after only a few weeks with the book, workbook, and practice tests, I finish with a good 5-6 minutes early with -0.

I would suggest getting that and starting from there. Find out what kind games and questions give you the most problem. Work untimed to master the techniques and set ups and you'll slowly pick it up faster and faster.

slburgess86

Postby slburgess86 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Last edited by slburgess86 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grace123

Postby grace123 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Agree on powerscore. You need to practice a ton and your speed will gradually increase. Powerscore has some good techniques on this.

I struggled a lot with time constraints on the logic games. I could always get all of them right, but I could only get through 3 games in the time limit. What I started doing was just giving myself a time limit of 2 min max per question. You can get really bogged down on a single question without noticing and then you're pretty much screwed. Also, I noticed that I was making 100% sure I had the right answer in the beginning but later I figured if I'm 90% sure and can save 40 seconds in not checking my answer, it's worth it to just move on.

pat4redick

Postby pat4redick » Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 pm

slburgess86 wrote:someone told me the manhatan books are better

pat4redick wrote:
Have you gotten the PowerScore Logic Games Bible? It was the material that benefited me the most. I went from scrambling to finish on time and missing 5-7 questions to where, after only a few weeks with the book, workbook, and practice tests, I finish with a good 5-6 minutes early with -0.

I would suggest getting that and starting from there. Find out what kind games and questions give you the most problem. Work untimed to master the techniques and set ups and you'll slowly pick it up faster and faster.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”