Doing really well on retaking PT's Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
UtilityMonster

Bronze

Doing really well on retaking PT's

Post by UtilityMonster » Fri May 25, 2012 3:21 pm

So, I just got a 177 on a PT that I first took last summer at about the same time. I didn't remember any of the answers or their conclusions, but I did feel deja vu at a number of points and remember certain topics of the questions. Perhaps I had a unconscious sense of the direction of questions.

Regardless, I have never scored that high on a PT before, and, rather than my skill improving, I'm suspecting it just represented my having taken the test before. For anyone here who knows or has taken the same PT multiple times with a fairly sizable space in between, do you know how much the fact you have taken the test before boosts your score? Unfortunately, I only have like 3 PTs I haven't taken yet to take before the June LSAT, so I really have no idea how this bodes for my score. Also, I'm a bit worried that I will be thrown off when the test rolls around by not feeling deja vu while looking at the questions, because I am on track to have taken 20 PT's all over again in the days leading up to the test!

gaud

Platinum

Re: Doing really well on retaking PT's

Post by gaud » Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I hate to tell you but your score is likely inflated. Probably not too much, though.

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Fri May 25, 2012 3:26 pm

gaud wrote:I hate to tell you but your score is likely inflated. Probably not too much, though.
Oh, absolutely, I'm just wondering by how much though. Also, the test was like #32 or something, really old - probably a lot easier.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri May 25, 2012 3:26 pm

gaud wrote:I hate to tell you but your score is likely inflated. Probably not too much, though.
I recently retook that december lsat that I took IRL thinking I would remember some of the questions. Nada. It was like looking at a brand new test for the most part.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri May 25, 2012 3:26 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:
Oh, absolutely, I'm just wondering by how much though. Also, the test was like #32 or something, really old - probably a lot easier.
The 32 is an easier test IMHO. Have you worked on the 52 and up yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
This. Are the tests you've yet to take more recent?

My scores were inflated roughly 5 points I feel like. Lol, there's really no certain way to tell, though. I eventually scored about 5 lower than my pt average (third take), so that's where I came up with the number.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri May 25, 2012 3:31 pm

gaud wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
This. Are the tests you've yet to take more recent?

My scores were inflated roughly 5 points I feel like. Lol, there's really no certain way to tell, though. I eventually scored about 5 lower than my pt average (third take), so that's where I came up with the number.
I was five points also.

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Fri May 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah, I've taken the 52+ tests. I plan to take them all over again in the 10 days leading up to June.

hamsamitchguy03

New

Post by hamsamitchguy03 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

edited for brevity
Last edited by hamsamitchguy03 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:48 pm

So...

On the last four tests I have taken, I have gotten a 177, 172, 179, 175.

Now, I have taken all of these tests before (about a year ago). I got a 169 on my actual LSAT. I am wondering where I am going to fall on test day.

I suspect 170-171.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”