What to do after taking all the practice tests

jediknight2424

What to do after taking all the practice tests

Postby jediknight2424 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 am

My best friend taking the june lsat has asked me for advice. He's taken all of the practice tests (save for 1-6). Some of the tests he's taken twice. He's read the bibles for all three sections. His average score is 174-ish. He gets -0 on the games nine times out of ten. From looking at his practice tests, his logical reasoning and critical reading are about the same. He's treating lsat prep as a full-time job until june.

He's taking his prep beyond what I did. Any advice on what he should be doing now to prepare?

TopHatToad

Re: What to do after taking all the practice tests

Postby TopHatToad » Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 am

He may be serious, but a good driver doesn't run out of fuel three weeks before his destination. Best he can do now is stay fresh on specific question types and retake old PTs. Also, finding and taking 1-6 (judiciously) would probably be a good idea.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 pm

He should spend some time reviewing every question he has ever missed or had trouble with.

TheColonel

Postby TheColonel » Fri May 25, 2012 3:21 pm

I'd say he should retake some that he took a while back, as it is pretty easy to lose familiarity with them so they may seem fresh. Also, I would go through the most recent ones again either taking them as full PTs or at the minimum reviewing them. The test has made some shifts within the past couple years so the new ones are especially valuable. Tell him to come join us in the June thread too. Lots of good insight over there.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”