PT 36 Logic Game help!

RodionRaskolnikov

PT 36 Logic Game help!

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 am

On PT 36 Logic game question 2, why can't it be figs? I get why the correct answer is correct but there seems to be nothing ruling out A (figs).

Also, everything was going ok until I reached the third game (questions 14-18). Granted, I missed one question (should have been two but I guessed right on one), but all the conditionals and grouped layering threw me off. Games like that freak me out and usually force me to make easy mistakes on the other games, resulting in -5 to -7 in game section. Is there a way to handle those?

This is a general question. When I take the tests, it feels like I enter this adrenalin mode where I'm not fully focused. When I go over my wrong answers, for 99.9% of them, I go, "wow how did I miss that? Of course the answer is [right answer]." And it seems like I missed it because of lack of focus, which is from taking the test and the slight nervousness that comes with it (the out of touch feeling/adrenalin mode). I feel like if I can get rid of this nervousness and be fully focused, I would do much better and to do this I need to be more confident, mostly on games since they freak me out. How do you tackle games without freaking out? (I've noticed for RC it's just being heavily interested in the passage and for LR it's just reading question first then stimulus carefully, but for LG there's no trick. It's like you either get the game or it's a WTF-is-goin-on).

however

Re: PT 36 Logic Game help!

Postby however » Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 am

Second condition: if the stand does not carry T, then it carries K

So the stand cannot only carry F because if figs is the only fruit, then tangerines is not present, which means Kiwis must be present.

RodionRaskolnikov

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 am

however wrote:Second condition: if the stand does not carry T, then it carries K

So the stand cannot only carry F because if figs is the only fruit, then tangerines is not present, which means Kiwis must be present.

ahh that is so tricky. My inner logic screamed for the right answer but I refused to put it down because I didn't see how it was right. Now I do. Thanks.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Fri May 25, 2012 2:14 am

PT36 Game 1:

Code: Select all

~FT -> ~W
                 \
~T -> K -> ~P -> ~O

O -> P -> ~K -> T
 \
  W -> F/T (or both)

This logic chain neatly captures all of the rules and inferences which follow from them. See either Steve Schwartz or Griffon Prep for an explication of the logic chain method for In/Out games.

PT 36 Game 3 is very similar to a game that (Manhattan LSAT) Noah wrote. I wrote an explanation for Noah's game forever ago; it shows exactly how to break such a game down.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”