Can I bring this into the test room?

shifty_eyed

Re: Can I bring this into the test room?

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I've never been great at keeping track of time on analog clocks

If this is difficult for you, law school might not be a good choice. From what I've heard, it's harder than being able to count to 35.

Oh for fuck's sake, I already have a 170 on the LSAT and I've taken multivariable calculus. It is just something that doesn't come naturally to me, and I've always suspected I have dyscalculia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

I don't see why this watch is so ridiculous, especially for the highly neurotic.. like me. In December, I used a regular analog watch and my hand slipped slightly whenever I was pushing in the crown and my time ended up being off by 2 minutes. The price is pretty ridiculous for what it is, but a watch like this can provide assurance that mistakes in time tracking won't happen on test day. It's not for everyone, but I think I could benefit from this.

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

I bought one, so what, haters gonna hate. I think its cool. It will always remind me of that period in my life where I studied for a test for almost a year lol. I'm going to frame it when I graduate from lawl school.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm gonna go to Target today to buy a watch with a rotating bezel. If you just rotate it to 0 wherever the minute marker is there shouldn't be a problem.

Postby 20130312 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:get a watch with a rotating bezel so you can just move the 0 to whatever time the section starts.

Helicio wrote:buy a watch with a rotating bezel. If you just rotate it to 0 wherever the minute marker is there shouldn't be a problem.

Solid contribution, brother.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:get a watch with a rotating bezel so you can just move the 0 to whatever time the section starts.

Helicio wrote:buy a watch with a rotating bezel. If you just rotate it to 0 wherever the minute marker is there shouldn't be a problem.

Solid contribution, brother.

Thanks bro <3

JohnDorian

Postby JohnDorian » Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm

-
Last edited by JohnDorian on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

roaringeagle

Postby roaringeagle » Wed May 23, 2012 7:08 pm

i used a timex watch i got for 30 bucks at target. it had a large analog face. i found the large face to be very helpful in timing with the long hands and such.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 am

Royal wrote:
Max324 wrote:
Royal wrote:LOL I wonder if people actually buy that. Law school attracts the weirdest people.

I don't think it's weird at all. Pacing is something that many people find difficult on the LSAT.

Protip: Wear a normal wristwatch. Reset it to 12:00 after every section. You don't need an AUTHENTIC, LSAC APPROVED ACTION WATCH WITH 50% MORE HOT LSAT ACTION.

So I should buy a shitty watch that I'll never wear again rather than an LSAT-specific watch I'll never wear again?

For some of us, the decision is a pretty easy one. None of my actual watches can be set that quick (Citizen), so paying a whopping 27 dollars for something that helps me immensely on tests is well worth it. Do what you want, but don't act like you understand every possibly scenario.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Thu May 24, 2012 9:49 am

JohnDorian wrote:
Helicio wrote:http://180watch.com/Home_Page.html

I am considering ordering this because I think it'll help a lot when considering pacing. Would this be allowed?

there are cheaper lsat watch sites that do the same thing. http://lsatwatch.webs.com/apps/webstore/

you can also pick a background.

Can't recommend this one enough.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”