Best way to drill LR?

LionelHutzJD

Best way to drill LR?

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue May 22, 2012 9:14 am

Here's my current strategy:
I was able to download every prep test and I am now using the spreadsheet that breaks down the tests to every question type. I find myself sitting on my computer going back and forth from pdf back to spreadsheet and back and is just getting tedious.

I start my testmasters course in July. Do they give these to you in paper form? Also, what would be the best way to drill before I start the class? THANKS!

Psib337

Re: Best way to drill LR?

Postby Psib337 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 am

Testmasters will pretty much give you more LR questions than you'll ever want to see all broken down by question type (and all from past LSATs). I can't help much as far as drilling before the class starts since I just took PTs and went blindly through some test prep books.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

Psib337 wrote:Testmasters will pretty much give you more LR questions than you'll ever want to see all broken down by question type (and all from past LSATs). I can't help much as far as drilling before the class starts since I just took PTs and went blindly through some test prep books.

Do you mind sharing your initial diagnostic and test day scores?

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:31 pm

My initial diagnostic with testmasters was 141, I think of it as a fluke, I was doing bad before testmasters but not that bad. Typically I was scoring 144-148. I'm taking the test in June I'm shooting for a 165+ so far I've gotten up to 158. Not that great, starting to freak out but in testmasters defense (and I guess mine) I'm way behind on the homework (lesson 6 out of the 14 that come with homework). Since the class "ended" (still have 1 more diagnostic and 2 jam sessions) I started doing better because I finally had time to do the homework. After a week of just sitting down doing homework I jumped 9 points from the week before, I'm hoping the upward trend continues. Without knowing exact numbers I can tell you that it seems like most people in my class seemed happy with the course when I last saw them.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Psib337 wrote:My initial diagnostic with testmasters was 141, I think of it as a fluke, I was doing bad before testmasters but not that bad. Typically I was scoring 144-148. I'm taking the test in June I'm shooting for a 165+ so far I've gotten up to 158. Not that great, starting to freak out but in testmasters defense (and I guess mine) I'm way behind on the homework (lesson 6 out of the 14 that come with homework). Since the class "ended" (still have 1 more diagnostic and 2 jam sessions) I started doing better because I finally had time to do the homework. After a week of just sitting down doing homework I jumped 9 points from the week before, I'm hoping the upward trend continues. Without knowing exact numbers I can tell you that it seems like most people in my class seemed happy with the course when I last saw them.

AWESOME! and good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”