Just got a 174 today...

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Just got a 174 today...

Postby Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm

A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby delusional » Sun May 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Helicio wrote:A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?

I also found that RC became more of an issue with the later tests. The main thing to do now is don't let up. If RC is a problem, get the RC Bible and work at it. It's not as improvable as other sections, but you can definitely use RCB to get a stronger grip on what's going on, if you haven't read it yet. Good luck!

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm

delusional wrote:
Helicio wrote:A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?

I also found that RC became more of an issue with the later tests. The main thing to do now is don't let up. If RC is a problem, get the RC Bible and work at it. It's not as improvable as other sections, but you can definitely use RCB to get a stronger grip on what's going on, if you haven't read it yet. Good luck!


I read the RC Bible but it is so useless! I'll definitely look over RC more. It is strange because I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby delusional » Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Helicio wrote:
delusional wrote:
Helicio wrote:A low of 169, a high of 177 over the past 2 weeks with an average of 173. What can I do between now and June 11 to average around 175? Thanks dudes!

More info: For some reason I have been doing worse on RC lately and better on LG. I have also been taking more recent tests (in the 40s and 50s). Coincidence or no?

I also found that RC became more of an issue with the later tests. The main thing to do now is don't let up. If RC is a problem, get the RC Bible and work at it. It's not as improvable as other sections, but you can definitely use RCB to get a stronger grip on what's going on, if you haven't read it yet. Good luck!


I read the RC Bible but it is so useless! I'll definitely look over RC more. It is strange because I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.
I had the same problem. Just when I thought that I had LG under control, RC became a bitch. I didn't have the problem long enough to even figure out what was going on - was it getting harder, or was I less focused? In fact, the first time I noticed it was on my first actual LSAT, which I had to cancel. The RC Bible helped, and also, just knowing to focus on it more was helpful. Keep grinding, take the Sunday before off, and you should be golden.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby fips tedora » Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Try the Manhattan Reading Comprehension Guide, I found it better than the RCB, and the general consensus on here follows.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15525
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Helicio wrote:I thought RC was my strongest section and now I'm all of a sudden doing worse than usual on it.


Logic games needs to be your strongest section.

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Just got a 174 today...

Postby Helicio » Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 pm

I think I'm going to basically do PTs and drill LG for the next 3 weeks till I get to -0. I need to stop missing LG questions.

Thanks doods.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests