LG holding me back? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AngeloTLS

New

LG holding me back?

Post by AngeloTLS » Sun May 20, 2012 4:29 am

I got a 148 on my first timed diagnostic test. I got 16 and 18 correct on logical reading and reasoning, 16 correct on reading comprehension, and ONLY 5 correct on logical games. So, do you guys think there is a chance for me to pick up some point from logical games. What is the easiest way to study for this section? Also, so far i have thought of my own strategy to reach at least 160 and i concluded that if get around 20 correct answers on three of the sections (disregarding the experimental) and increase those 5 point to 20, i can average 80 correct answer which is around 160-162 depending on curve. Is the former a logical way of achieving a 160 or is it way off? Open to any suggestion from my fellow TLS members. Thanks!!!!!!

Scotusnerd

Silver

Re: LG holding me back?

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 am

You are a while from a 160. I suggest looking around and reading other topics about how to succeed on the LSAT. I hope you're not planning on taking the June LSAT, because it will cream you.

Get the Powerscore logic games bible and sleep with it at night. You don't understand the material enough to try any sort of timed diagnostic yet. Work on getting those questions untimed first.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Obviously you have not even begun to attempt to master AR. Read the AR LGB. Buy all the old tests. Make copys. Do all 260 games currently released, 3 times each. Then, you will have a much better grasp.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 pm

I think your approach to a better score is fundamentally flawed. You should not necessarily just try to get 20 right on every section, you should simply try and be the best you can at each section.

LG, as it happens, is the easiest to learn and once you master it you should expect to get all, or almost all, of them correct each time. This will help you, because then in getting your target score, if you suffer unexpectedly at a different section and get, let's say 17 right, your overall score will remain the same.

Start a study schedule, and take into account that at the moment mastering LG's is your primary goal. On your way to that, still study and improve LR and RC with Bibles, Manhattan RC, forums and possibly a class.

Work very hard, take preptests often to track your progress, and your score will improve the best way it can, imo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”