chiach1

Postby chiach1 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Last edited by chiach1 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

chiach1

Re: Help/Advice with Retake

Postby chiach1 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Can someone help me out please.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Hmm, I have not particularly been in your shoes, but what I would have recommend was taking a class (money permitted). Then I saw you already took Testmasters...

I mean, I don't think there's a secret here, if this is really the path you want to go on and if you have the resources to make it possible, then take another class (prob BP) AND get a private tutor to specifically review preptests with you, why you got answers wrong and why the right answers are right, what the optimal LG set-up is for each game and how to approach RC effectively.
These two things together should definitely put you on the right track. Also, make a comprehensive, detailed study schedule up to the day of the test, and stick with it.

Preptest, Review, drill, study, and use every resource at your disposal (including TLS). Perhaps Superprep should be added to your studies as well, as I hear it helps you "get into the mind of the test-makers."

Anyway, gl gl gl!

chiach1

Postby chiach1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 pm

please help people

radar714

Postby radar714 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:03 am

What did your studying primarily consist of? I'm currently planning on retaking the Oct after delaying from this June (took Oct 11, got 162) and I can say that one simple change in my study habits has made a world of difference: reviewing my practice tests THOROUGHLY. When I first studied, I would get so antsy about wanting to see the score improve that I would just take tests and only review my incorrect answers once I graded it (and only quickly too). Once I switched to reviewing each question very slowly and dissecting the answers one by one, I started to understand my patterns more thoroughly and simultaneously, pick up on the LSAT test makers patterns as well. By patterns, I mean I started getting faster at quickly eliminating incorrect answer choices based on only 1 or 2 subtle indicator words (modality, strength, subject etc). I got the PS LR workbook because their explanations are incredibly thorough. Additionally, I continue to refer back to the PS bibles anytime I find myself even a little unsure of how I got the question right so that I could properly understand the way to attack each question type.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:05 am

ahnhub

Postby ahnhub » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 am

If you can get -9 on LG you can get -3 or -4.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:18 am

JamMasterJ wrote:http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=173647

Ha. Came here to post this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”