Things to do other than logic games??

MissJenna

Things to do other than logic games??

Postby MissJenna » Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Ok, so logic games happens to be my best section except for the fact that timing is a bit of a problem. I've done all the games and get them right when I'm not timed. I will continue to work on timing.

I guess what I want to know is what else can I practice with that is equivalent to (or close to) logic games??? I just think it would be good if I could do other things.

jbates14

Re: Things to do other than logic games??

Postby jbates14 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm

The whole test would be cake untimed...not sure when your taking the test, but if its june then you should only be practicing taking timed sections. There is no point in doing other things to prepare , they are not going to be on your test.

BearState

Postby BearState » Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 pm

jbates14 wrote:There is no point in doing other things to prepare , they are not going to be on your test.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:44 pm

When are you taking the test? There are SO MANY preptests with real logic games out there, you should try to drill exclusively with the real thing and your speed will start to imrpove. If you do happen to exhaust every true LSAT preptest, then re-do them (many people recommend 3 times each). Even after that, if you are a true workhorse, I think there are some sites that make up their own that are similar to the LSAT, so then do those too.

hereyago

Postby hereyago » Fri May 18, 2012 3:51 pm

MissJenna wrote:Ok, so logic games happens to be my best section except for the fact that timing is a bit of a problem. I've done all the games and get them right when I'm not timed. I will continue to work on timing.

I guess what I want to know is what else can I practice with that is equivalent to (or close to) logic games??? I just think it would be good if I could do other things.

The most effective way to prep for LG is doing LG. After gaining a firm grasp on conditionals and diagramming, there's nothing else you should really do to prep for LG other than do LG.

You've done every single LG out there? Redo. You've done them twice already? Go for a third. Done it 3 times? 4 times. 5 times. 6 times. 9999999999999999999999999999999999 times. Do it until you can recite every single LG verbatim. Then maybe some more after that.

And remember to do all of them timed. Preferably under 6 mins per game. Go for 5 mins if you want to cruise through it.

MissJenna

Postby MissJenna » Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 pm

jbates14 wrote:The whole test would be cake untimed...not sure when your taking the test, but if its june then you should only be practicing taking timed sections. There is no point in doing other things to prepare , they are not going to be on your test.

Well I'm taking it in June & Oct. I feel like I really should have stepped up my timing for the month of May but I was soooo burnt out....and that's when I decided I was going to do Oct too.

Yeah...I just thought there was something else to do that was maybe a little more challenging than games but on the same scale.

MissJenna

Postby MissJenna » Fri May 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Micdiddy wrote:When are you taking the test? There are SO MANY preptests with real logic games out there, you should try to drill exclusively with the real thing and your speed will start to imrpove. If you do happen to exhaust every true LSAT preptest, then re-do them (many people recommend 3 times each). Even after that, if you are a true workhorse, I think there are some sites that make up their own that are similar to the LSAT, so then do those too.

Yeah......I've done all the games over a couple times each. There are some that I have struggled with (mostly pattern games) where I do get -3 or so.

I sometimes feel like a robot when I do these games over. It's more so like "Oh yeah, I remember this game. It was the furs & maples."

I sometimes feel like I'm getting the games right just because I happen to remember them & remember specific or weird stuff about them like a rule, answer choice or whatever. I don't think that's a good thing.

MissJenna

Postby MissJenna » Fri May 18, 2012 5:03 pm

hereyago wrote:
MissJenna wrote:Ok, so logic games happens to be my best section except for the fact that timing is a bit of a problem. I've done all the games and get them right when I'm not timed. I will continue to work on timing.

The most effective way to prep for LG is doing LG. After gaining a firm grasp on conditionals and diagramming, there's nothing else you should really do to prep for LG other than do LG.

You've done every single LG out there? Redo. You've done them twice already? Go for a third. Done it 3 times? 4 times. 5 times. 6 times. 9999999999999999999999999999999999 times. Do it until you can recite every single LG verbatim. Then maybe some more after that.

And remember to do all of them timed. Preferably under 6 mins per game. Go for 5 mins if you want to cruise through it.

Lol....I agree with everything you said!!:-)

I have 2 questions for you if you don't mind.

1) Beside the timing aspect, how does 1 know if they really got games down?? meaning..I have a very good memory (unfortunately) and I'll remember specific rules/answer choices/etc., for each game & I feel like that's why I'm getting them right. Does this make sense?

2) The section that is seriously kicking my @** is the logical reasoning section. I'm literally at the end of my rope with this section and I don't know what to do. It's just not clicking. I can't seem to get more than 10 RIGHT on each of the LR sections............and this is killing me.

hereyago

Postby hereyago » Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 am

MissJenna wrote:
hereyago wrote:

Lol....I agree with everything you said!!:-)

I have 2 questions for you if you don't mind.

1) Beside the timing aspect, how does 1 know if they really got games down?? meaning..I have a very good memory (unfortunately) and I'll remember specific rules/answer choices/etc., for each game & I feel like that's why I'm getting them right. Does this make sense?

2) The section that is seriously kicking my @** is the logical reasoning section. I'm literally at the end of my rope with this section and I don't know what to do. It's just not clicking. I can't seem to get more than 10 RIGHT on each of the LR sections............and this is killing me.

Answer to 1: It's ok even if you remember certain questions/answer choices/etc. You're still getting good practice of diagramming. Even if you remember an answer choice, make sure you go through the reasoning of how you arrive at that answer choice.

Answer to 2: There's not much you can really do except for going through the LR bible and doing drills.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”