Best Way to Improve Logic Games in time for June 11 LSAT

Helicio

Best Way to Improve Logic Games in time for June 11 LSAT

Postby Helicio » Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Ok so here is the deal. I get -1 to -0 max on RC and LR, but on LG I get anywhere from -0 to (most recently) -5. I haven't practiced as much LG as I should, so I am wondering how to improve LG in a fast and efficient manner to where I get -1. Just repeat a ton of LGs? Thanks guys.

shifty_eyed

Re: Best Way to Improve Logic Games in time for June 11 LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm

If you haven't read the PS LG Bible, do that now. If you have, then analyze the LG sections on the PTs where you have missed the most points. What kind of games are they? If they are a specific type, do every single game of that type three times. If they aren't confined to one or two different game types, then... do every single game ever three times.

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Helicio wrote:Ok so here is the deal. I get -1 to -0 max on RC and LR, but on LG I get anywhere from -0 to (most recently) -5. I haven't practiced as much LG as I should, so I am wondering how to improve LG in a fast and efficient manner to where I get -1. Just repeat a ton of LGs? Thanks guys.

As long as you are diagramming properly (or comfortable with not diagramming, which seems to be the case for some people), that is the right answer...repeat a bunch of LGs, timed. It's worked for me...it makes me faster at diagramming and making inferences, which in turn has me finishing the games *much* faster than I could before, which in turn gives me time to double check.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Sounds good. I'll spend a week doing hardcore LG and see where I am.

Thanks guys!

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
Helicio wrote:Ok so here is the deal. I get -1 to -0 max on RC and LR, but on LG I get anywhere from -0 to (most recently) -5. I haven't practiced as much LG as I should, so I am wondering how to improve LG in a fast and efficient manner to where I get -1. Just repeat a ton of LGs? Thanks guys.

As long as you are diagramming properly (or comfortable with not diagramming, which seems to be the case for some people), that is the right answer...repeat a bunch of LGs, timed. It's worked for me...it makes me faster at diagramming and making inferences, which in turn has me finishing the games *much* faster than I could before, which in turn gives me time to double check.

Really? Some people are comfortable now diagramming on LG's?? I thought not annotating RC was weird but this is ridiculous!!

I stress this, because my advice would probably be you're not spending enough time diagramming. A well functioning, detailed diagram usually allows the time it takes to answer most questions to becomes negligible (about as long as it takes you to read them).

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Fri May 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:

Really? Some people are comfortable now diagramming on LG's?? I thought not annotating RC was weird but this is ridiculous!!

I stress this, because my advice would probably be you're not spending enough time diagramming. A well functioning, detailed diagram usually allows the time it takes to answer most questions to becomes negligible (about as long as it takes you to read them).

Definitely need to diagram for LG.

For RC I never diagram and at most get 1 wrong though; different strokes for different folks :P

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

So envious of your LR & RC performance. Anyways, I started LG around -5 to -9 and since I have done every LG section (~60) twice. Now I rarely miss any and when I do it's generally because one game issue. So if you're getting -0 to -5 you must have a strong grasp for them. My guess is that timing is an issue for you. Perhaps do 20 sections where you don't time yourself just to get better at the process. Then when you start to time yourself, review afterwards the way you approached each game, especially if the game gave you problems. That way, you can learn how to efficiently structure each game. Good luck fellow June 11th'er!

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:

Next it will be, "I don't waste time marking my answers in the test booklet, I just remember them all and bubble in my scantron at the end of the section."

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:

It's hard for me to believe, too. Although, at this point, even though I diagram them, I am so much better at maintaining rules in my head than I was just a few months ago that I guess theoretically, if someone put in enough time, they might be able to skip the diagrams. They are certainly far more talented than I am, though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”