Reviewing RC. Worth the effort? NSFW Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dowu

Platinum

Reviewing RC. Worth the effort? NSFW

Post by dowu » Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 am

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Fri May 18, 2012 12:19 am

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dowu

Platinum

Re: Reviewing RC. Worth the effort?

Post by dowu » Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 am

VasaVasori wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:So as you all may know, reviewing LR and LG is extremely valuable to ones studying.

I'm looking for some anecdotes from people who believe this to be the case with RC.

In short, is reviewing your missed questions on RC worth the extra time and effort, since June's test is so close?
If yes, what procedure do you go through to review?

Thank you in advance and god bless America.

[img]Jessica%20Gomes[/img]
I feel like RC is the most important section to review on... Though that's because it's the one I struggle with the most, I suppose. I usually try to identify why the answer I selected was wrong, and why the answer I didn't select was right, and for questions that I've starred I do the same thing but for the answer that I was considering instead of the one I selected. And, of course, LG may be more important depending on where you are with it, because in terms of returns for time spent you're likely to get much more. It also depends on how much time you have to dedicate to studying. I'm doing nothing for the next 26 days but study, so I can dedicate lots of time to reviewing, so I try to review everything pretty thoroughly.

Edit: and, here is my counter-picture: [img]Some%20dude[/img]
Thank you for your response. I guess it makes sense to review. I can always see why the right answer is right the second time around, but it's hard to move this into the first go around. :/

Also, your picture is no good to me.
Last edited by dowu on Fri May 18, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDorian

New

Post by JohnDorian » Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 am

-
Last edited by JohnDorian on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thestalkmore

New

Post by thestalkmore » Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 am

I am 12 and what is this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 am

For RC, I got back with my red pen of justice and mark where in the passage the correct answer is indicated, and if applicable, what contradicts my wrong answer. I never go back through RC after that, but I guess the goal is to drill into my head that every answer is proven in the passage.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Thank you for the replies, guys and gals.

It seems like reviewing has helped others. I guess it also seems to be the case that people are trying to justify the right answer by going back into the passage and finding support for it.

It's time consuming, but I think it will pay dividends.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon May 21, 2012 2:00 pm

emarxnj wrote:For RC, I got back with my red pen of justice and mark where in the passage the correct answer is indicated, and if applicable, what contradicts my wrong answer. I never go back through RC after that, but I guess the goal is to drill into my head that every answer is proven in the passage.
This is one of the most important things to do when you review RC. The answers are all in there (with a few exceptions for parallel and inference questions, though the latter are 99% in the passage).

Timing and predicting questions is key on RC. So when you review, after looking at the questions, go back and do two things.

First, check to see which features of the passage showed up in questions, and didn't show up in your markup. That's stuff that you should have marked up. Come up with a generic description of that feature ("It's a commonly-held belief!"), and note those in the future.

Second, check which features of the passage didn't show up in the questions. If you see yourself continually highlighting a similar feature that's never asked about, stop worrying about it. That will save you time.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

bp shinners wrote:
emarxnj wrote:For RC, I got back with my red pen of justice and mark where in the passage the correct answer is indicated, and if applicable, what contradicts my wrong answer. I never go back through RC after that, but I guess the goal is to drill into my head that every answer is proven in the passage.
This is one of the most important things to do when you review RC. The answers are all in there (with a few exceptions for parallel and inference questions, though the latter are 99% in the passage).

Timing and predicting questions is key on RC. So when you review, after looking at the questions, go back and do two things.

First, check to see which features of the passage showed up in questions, and didn't show up in your markup. That's stuff that you should have marked up. Come up with a generic description of that feature ("It's a commonly-held belief!"), and note those in the future.

Second, check which features of the passage didn't show up in the questions. If you see yourself continually highlighting a similar feature that's never asked about, stop worrying about it. That will save you time.
Thank you for this advice. It's always appreciated, BP.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Map Cat

New

Post by Map Cat » Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Dude, NSFW.

And yes, I browse TLS at work. Get off me.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Map Cat wrote:Dude, NSFW.

I think you're in the vast majority there.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 pm

emarxnj wrote:
Map Cat wrote:Dude, NSFW.

I think you're in the vast majority there.
I'm sorry. Title changed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”