Use of Spare Time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bdeebs

Bronze

Use of Spare Time

Post by bdeebs » Wed May 16, 2012 7:03 pm

For me, this is not really an issue I come across for RC or LR because there is always a level of uncertainty with certain answers, so it is easy to spend time going back through and eliminating wrong answer choices or affirming initial answer choices. However, on LG, depending on the types of games presented, I have anywhere from 0-10 minutes after I've finished them all and am certain about all of my answer choices. My question is what other people do or what they would recommend doing with time like this. Would you go over the games just to make sure you didn't make a horribly mindless mistake, or would you let your mind rest so you could be more refreshed for the next section?

Nova

Platinum

Re: Use of Spare Time

Post by Nova » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I usually need full time on RC, finish LR with 1-7 mins left, and finish LG with 1-10 minutes left. Personally, I rest my mind when I finish a section. I dont double check my work ever. Im usually fried when I finish a section and relaxing for a few minutes really helps me out. YMMV.

Another approach would be to slow down for games so you dont have so much time left. That should result in an increase in accuracy.

bdeebs

Bronze

Post by bdeebs » Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I usually don't miss any when I have that much time left. Maybe 1 in 5 sections I'll miss a question due to carelessness or overlooking something.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 pm

jimmyjamXII

New

Post by jimmyjamXII » Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Ice Cube said it best
check yo self before you wreck yo self
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJsSPATDLY

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I rarely missed any on LG but during the real thing I had about ten extra minutes and decided to re-check my answers. Sure enough, I had rushed through one question and screwed it up. Definitely review your answers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”