Should I wait for October?

Should I wait for October?

Postby bluebonnet21 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 pm

I put off prepping for the June test and have just started a week ago. My last test (taken yesterday) was a 173 which is about where I have been on the three I have taken I am currently registered for June but debating changing it to October.

I have a 3.4 LSAC gpa, and two previous tests- December 2009 was a 166 and October 2010 was a 170. I'm currently working in an in-house legal department as a paralegal.

I'm shooting for the best school I can get into, ideally NYU.

Does waiting in hopes of a >175 make sense in terms of applying a month or two later?

Re: Should I wait for October?

Postby 99.9luft » Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

i say it's too early to worry now...keep can always withdraw from the test on June 10th or earlier if you aren't ready. I am in your shoes and will reserve my judgement of withdraw vs. take it until the first week of june. Good job on PTing in the 170s. I tend to think that for me, to be confident on gameday, i have to be 2-3 points higher on my average recent PTs leading up to the test than the score I end up getting. So, to get a 175, i'd wanna PT in 177-178 territory.

Re: Should I wait for October?

Postby Nova » Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 pm

If you think that you can get a better score by waiting, then wait. Like Luft said though, you dont have to make that decision now.

Taking the test in Oct does not put you at a disadvantage. Just be sure to have your app ready to go when the score is released.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”