How does LSAC stop cheating when test given on mult. date?

BillsFan9907

How does LSAC stop cheating when test given on mult. date?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:30 pm

I suspect there is a simple answer to this question - but I am curious nonetheless. I see that the October LSAT will be given on three dates (regular, sabbath observers, and a different zone of countries). Are different tests released for each of the three dates?

law2015

Re: How does LSAC stop cheating when test given on mult. date?

Postby law2015 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes, there are different tests.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun May 13, 2012 2:32 pm

they aren't the same tests

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Well generally if your one of the day 1 or day 2 test takers you are not allowed to use your cellphone unless in case of emergency while you are in the 48 hours holding area. So the only way the answers could could get out to the 3rd day test takers is in writing or if they actually went to the holding center themselves. Generally only immediate family is allowed to come onto the premises and you wouldn't be able to mail anything within the one or two days so it's practically impossible for the answers to get out.

dowu

Postby dowu » Sun May 13, 2012 2:43 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun May 13, 2012 2:56 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
Br3v wrote:Well generally if your one of the day 1 or day 2 test takers you are not allowed to use your cellphone unless in case of emergency while you are in the 48 hours holding area. So the only way the answers could could get out to the 3rd day test takers is in writing or if they actually went to the holding center themselves. Generally only immediate family is allowed to come onto the premises and you wouldn't be able to mail anything within the one or two days so it's practically impossible for the answers to get out.

I also heard that they make you wear handcuffs and stay on campus/testing center until your test. This is just what others have been telling me, as I was once concerned about the same thing before.

Well the handcuffs stopped in like the late 80's early 90's, and even then it was only for specific instances when it appeared to be a bigger risk

dowu

Postby dowu » Sun May 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Br3v wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:
Br3v wrote:Well generally if your one of the day 1 or day 2 test takers you are not allowed to use your cellphone unless in case of emergency while you are in the 48 hours holding area. So the only way the answers could could get out to the 3rd day test takers is in writing or if they actually went to the holding center themselves. Generally only immediate family is allowed to come onto the premises and you wouldn't be able to mail anything within the one or two days so it's practically impossible for the answers to get out.

I also heard that they make you wear handcuffs and stay on campus/testing center until your test. This is just what others have been telling me, as I was once concerned about the same thing before.

Well the handcuffs stopped in like the late 80's early 90's, and even then it was only for specific instances when it appeared to be a bigger risk

Really? I did not know that. LSAC is super strict on making sure no one cheats, so I know for a fact that they take extreme measures. FOR A FACT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”