June 2012 LSAT - any other paralegals out there?

AParee06

June 2012 LSAT - any other paralegals out there?

Postby AParee06 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm taking the June 2012 LSAT and have been studying since January. I'm a paralegal and can work anywhere from 40-70 hours a week. I took off the four Fridays before the LSAT to give me 3 day weekends to study for the month before but we have a brief due the week before the test! One of the cases I am working on has gotten insane in the past week and will continue to do so up until a week before the test. Is anyone else feeling as overwhelmed? What do you do to calm down?

My study plan for the time up until the LSAT is 2 hours at night after work Mon-Thursday and then a preptest Friday during the conditions of the test (1:00 pm start time, same intervals, etc.) so that I know what I should eat/do the morning of the test, and then take another preptest on Saturdays around 9:00 am. Sunday is my day off. Does this sound like a good plan?

I was consistently testing between 164-168 (my goal is around 165) up until this past Sunday when I took a test on Sunday instead because I had my brothers graduation on Saturday. I drove the 7 hours to upstate NY from DC on Friday night after work and then drove back Saturday night, got home around 1 am and then woke up at 9 am Sunday to take a preptest. I completely bombed it and got a 160. I guess that's not completely bombing it, but it was to me since I haven't tested that low since my first preptest in March.

I'm probably just overreacting, but any advice on what you do to keep calm about the test when something like this happens (or just in general) is welcomed!

hereyago

Re: June 2012 LSAT - any other paralegals out there?

Postby hereyago » Mon May 07, 2012 4:46 pm

AParee06 wrote:I'm taking the June 2012 LSAT and have been studying since January. I'm a paralegal and can work anywhere from 40-70 hours a week. I took off the four Fridays before the LSAT to give me 3 day weekends to study for the month before but we have a brief due the week before the test! One of the cases I am working on has gotten insane in the past week and will continue to do so up until a week before the test. Is anyone else feeling as overwhelmed? What do you do to calm down?

My study plan for the time up until the LSAT is 2 hours at night after work Mon-Thursday and then a preptest Friday during the conditions of the test (1:00 pm start time, same intervals, etc.) so that I know what I should eat/do the morning of the test, and then take another preptest on Saturdays around 9:00 am. Sunday is my day off. Does this sound like a good plan?

I was consistently testing between 164-168 (my goal is around 165) up until this past Sunday when I took a test on Sunday instead because I had my brothers graduation on Saturday. I drove the 7 hours to upstate NY from DC on Friday night after work and then drove back Saturday night, got home around 1 am and then woke up at 9 am Sunday to take a preptest. I completely bombed it and got a 160. I guess that's not completely bombing it, but it was to me since I haven't tested that low since my first preptest in March.

I'm probably just overreacting, but any advice on what you do to keep calm about the test when something like this happens (or just in general) is welcomed!

Doesn't look like you're in a bad position if you're aiming for a 165. The best way to keep calm is to study a lot and know that you're well-prepped for the LSAT when you go in to take it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”