I need some advice on my LSAT situation.

littlebit

Re: I need some advice on my LSAT situation.

Postby littlebit » Fri May 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Nova wrote:
littlebit wrote:Studying for the LSAT sucks, why would you want to drag this out and not get on with you life? Take a two week vacation and hit it hard. Make sure you know how to study for this test - there are great links for this in this forum. This is assuming you have been studying for the last year and you are aware of your weak areas, etc. Quit pussy footing around and get it done in the shortest amount of time.

LOL @ 2 week vacation before June LSAT. Yeah right.

I agree that OP should look to find ways to study more efficiently. But OP works full time.. he needs to spend most of his free time studying unless taking a day off every once in a while to avoid burn out.

The two week "vacay" would be to study, not play....

TrojanHopeful

Postby TrojanHopeful » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Get off of TLS and study.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri May 04, 2012 10:55 pm

littlebit wrote:
Nova wrote:
littlebit wrote:Studying for the LSAT sucks, why would you want to drag this out and not get on with you life? Take a two week vacation and hit it hard. Make sure you know how to study for this test - there are great links for this in this forum. This is assuming you have been studying for the last year and you are aware of your weak areas, etc. Quit pussy footing around and get it done in the shortest amount of time.

LOL @ 2 week vacation before June LSAT. Yeah right.

I agree that OP should look to find ways to study more efficiently. But OP works full time.. he needs to spend most of his free time studying unless taking a day off every once in a while to avoid burn out.

The two week "vacay" would be to study, not play....

Well, that makes a lot more sense.

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Sat May 05, 2012 2:56 am

Make your decision closer to test day. You're in a great position, just work your ass off!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm

To repeat what others have said, make the call later. Yes, it's going to eat a fee waiver. However, it's better to skip if you aren't anywhere near where you want to be. A jump on test day is the exception, so I wouldn't count on it. If you're going to be taking out tens of thousands of dollars in loans, a couple hundred on a second administration of the test isn't that much.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Mon May 07, 2012 3:11 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
rcthebigred1 wrote:You guys are aware that the June LSAT is still over a month away, right? Plenty of time to keep prepping and improve.

This is what my gf is saying. I am around high 150s right now and all that I need is a 165. Thats like, 5-6 more questions correct.

It really isn't "only 5-6 more questions correct" and it's very hard to improve 10 points in a month.

I would wait a couple of weeks and see where you are then before committing to the June test.

dowu

Postby dowu » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:I see. So, if I drop out the day before, will I have wasted my fee waiver? I would obviously reschedule for December, but I'm a little unsure how this would affect my fee waiver.

Thanks!

Yes, you will have wasted a fee waiver.

Why would you reschedule for December instead of October? (If you've already answered this question, ignore it - I admittedly didn't read every post over the past 3 pages).

dowu

Postby dowu » Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

bp shinners wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:I see. So, if I drop out the day before, will I have wasted my fee waiver? I would obviously reschedule for December, but I'm a little unsure how this would affect my fee waiver.

Thanks!

Yes, you will have wasted a fee waiver.

Why would you reschedule for December instead of October? (If you've already answered this question, ignore it - I admittedly didn't read every post over the past 3 pages).

Im sorry - I meant that I would be rescheduling for October. I guess I'll just make this decision closer to test day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”