LG Pure Sequencing...

d0rklord

LG Pure Sequencing...

Postby d0rklord » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Is it sad that i can get -0 on all games with no problem except when it comes to sequencing... :( ?

I learned the Manhattan "tree"... but for whatever reason when they ask me to "assume X is before Y" (which would alter the original diagram).... i always mess things up....

Sometimes I will get -0... but other times it's ruining my perfect games section!

any tips? :(

MLBrandow

Re: LG Pure Sequencing...

Postby MLBrandow » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm

d0rklord,

When you get a hypothetical question like this, try redrawing the tree next to the question to reflect the change.

You can't necessarily use your initial tree when you're given a new constraint because it usually will alter the original diagram (which is the point).

Luckily, redrawing the tree should only take you 15-20 seconds, and doing so solves the question unequivocally.

Hope this helps!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:39 pm

MLBrandow wrote:When you get a hypothetical question like this, try redrawing the tree next to the question to reflect the change.

To add a bit to this, I always copy over all the rules that are still in effect, the new rule (if there is one), and then I start redrawing my tree. Takes all of 10 seconds, but you're a lot more certain to not leave anything out.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks... i don't know why but for whatever reason it totally throws me off... Especially if the change takes place in the middle of the tree and shifts the rest of the tree in the opposite direction (if that makes any sense)... Sigh :(

I'll try redrawing from now on and really paying attention...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”