.. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

babyface03

New

Post by babyface03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Last edited by babyface03 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayiner

Platinum

Re: Just started studying today...170 in june?

Post by rayiner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm

babyface03 wrote:took test in october 2010 166 then knocked girl up and had to work. give it one more shot or just apply in october? October test is out due to traveling for work. only studied two months for october 2010... a little more familiar with test now.
Quite possible to make it the extra 4 points. Do one or two practice tests each week until then, and go over each test very thoroughly over a couple of days. At this level of score, you need to spend like 15-20 minutes picking apart every wrong answer, looking for patterns in your mistakes, etc.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:03 am

rayiner wrote:
babyface03 wrote:took test in october 2010 166 then knocked girl up and had to work. give it one more shot or just apply in october? October test is out due to traveling for work. only studied two months for october 2010... a little more familiar with test now.
Quite possible to make it the extra 4 points. Do one or two practice tests each week until then, and go over each test very thoroughly over a couple of days. At this level of score, you need to spend like 15-20 minutes picking apart every wrong answer, looking for patterns in your mistakes, etc.
Did you really spend that much time on wrong answers?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:16 am

Br3v wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Did you really spend that much time on wrong answers?
I was weak in LG and was shooting for 175+ so I needed perfect LR/RC sections. I think it's easy to chose chalk up one or two wrong in each section to "mistakes" but it's hard to go from one or two wrong to zero wrong without realizing that every single LSAT question has an obviously correct answer and every "mistake" you make is really your falling for a distractor answer choice. Going over each wrong answer carefully helps you figure out the ploy so you don't fall for the same one again. I think going over each practice test systematically is a more efficient way to figure these distractors than just doing a lot of practice tests and hoping to learn by osmosis. I also think it's a good way to reduce your variability. Once you can see each distractor choice for what it is, you can be sure of every answer.

babyface03

New

Post by babyface03 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 am

what are thoughts on going over right answers? often seems like waste of time, for example I never miss LG and always have time left even after almost 2 years off. I hear that you should go over everything right and wrong, but it seems like some stuff is too easy to waste time reviewing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

babyface03 wrote:what are thoughts on going over right answers? often seems like waste of time, for example I never miss LG and always have time left even after almost 2 years off. I hear that you should go over everything right and wrong, but it seems like some stuff is too easy to waste time reviewing?
If you find LG that easy, then I don't think there's any need to go over questions that you got right. On other sections there could be more of a benefit if you are getting some right but missing others.

babyface03

New

Post by babyface03 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 am

should I be doing pt's every other day until the test? and whats the best place to take them?

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 am

babyface03 wrote:what are thoughts on going over right answers? often seems like waste of time, for example I never miss LG and always have time left even after almost 2 years off. I hear that you should go over everything right and wrong, but it seems like some stuff is too easy to waste time reviewing?
Going over right answers can be very helpful on questions that you stumbled on, weren't sure, or were just very hard (even if you figured it out) for the same reasons that Rayiner already stated you should go through wrong answers. Otherwise, on your run-of-the-mill question, don't bother because you obviously have whatever skill that question required already down.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”