June or October?

Al Baba

June or October?

Postby Al Baba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm currently a Junior looking to apply to law schools in the fall. I was initially planning on taking the June exam, but I recently realized that I needed to take a 2 week course at my college in the last two weeks of May to graduate on time. Moreover, I'm also going to be working in that same time period. I have not really been studying for the exam til now, either.

I took a practice exam, cold, administered by Kaplan under actual test conditions back in Feburary and got a 171. The only section I struggled with was the game section. My GPA is on the lower end of good for the schools I'm looking to apply to (probably the bottom half of the T-14) so I need a good score to help me out.

So my question is this: Do y'all think a month of not-terribly-devoted study is enough time to get the games section on lock or would I be better off studying longer and waiting til October? And then having to deal with taking the exam in the middle of semester?

Thanks.

dowu

Re: June or October?

Postby dowu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Work on the game section, wait till October, bang out a 180.

Just make sure you know whats going on in the test. I'd probably take 5-10 PTs under timed conditions if I were in your shoes, which are great shoes btw.

d0rklord

Re: June or October?

Postby d0rklord » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 am

Why not just focus on the games and PTs for a month, take June... and you can always retake in October. That's a super high diagnostic... I think you can do it by June. And if not, I dont think a retake will hurt.

Plus June lets you get apps in right when they open.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”