Logic Games-attaining speed

whiteness

Logic Games-attaining speed

Postby whiteness » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I've been doing preptests for a few weeks and I started in mid 150's. I've progressed fairly quickly especially in the RC section and I am only missing a max of 5 or 6 and and maybe 7 or eight in the LR section but I am bombing the LG section due to speed. I am only getting 3 games finished in 35 mins. I ordered the LG bible and workbook from amazon it should be here next week, any tips on gaining speed on the LGs. I am taking in June.

rinkrat19

Re: Logic Games-attaining speed

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Work through the LG bible. Just learning how to diagram efficiently saves a whole bunch of time right off the bat. Then you drill, drill, drill until you are quicker at making the inferences.

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:10 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Work through the LG bible. Just learning how to diagram efficiently saves a whole bunch of time right off the bat. Then you drill, drill, drill until you are quicker at making the inferences.

This. It's kind of like working out: the more reps you do, the easier it gets.

whiteness

Postby whiteness » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Systematic1 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Work through the LG bible. Just learning how to diagram efficiently saves a whole bunch of time right off the bat. Then you drill, drill, drill until you are quicker at making the inferences.

People say this is the easiest learned part of the LSAT but Iv'e had a rough time. Is June enough time to get enough practice in? I'm not in school and unemployed so I have all day.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:29 pm

whiteness wrote:
Systematic1 wrote:

People say this is the easiest learned part of the LSAT but Iv'e had a rough time. Is June enough time to get enough practice in? I'm not in school and unemployed so I have all day.

Then yeah. It is plenty of time. You just have to treat it like your job (4+ hours a day).

I suggest doing LG by type. You will start to see recurring patterns. It will also help you identify the games you are weakest in.

http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Logic-Games- ... 145372401X

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”