Am I the only dumbass who does this LG mistake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shifty_eyed

Gold

Am I the only dumbass who does this LG mistake?

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am

On unbalanced linear games or undefined grouping games, if the names of the people/things are for example Alice, Bernard, Cesar, Earl, and Fatima, I will write out A B C D E F in my diagram and will proceed to fuck up the rest of the game for at least 5 minutes before I catch it. Is this the test makers' intention or is it something only I do????? It feels like such a waste of time to have to double check, but after doing this for the second time, I'm going to have to every time.
Last edited by shifty_eyed on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rwhyAn

Bronze

Re: Am I the only dumbass who does this LG mistake?

Post by rwhyAn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am

I was doing this too when I was preparing. I would try to kill the game so fast that I would sometimes move too quickly and mess up the variables. I would say take your time and even double check the set up of the game if need be. It may take a little more time at the beginning, but it will save both time and errors in the end.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:49 am

shifty_eyed wrote:On unbalanced linear games or undefined grouping games, if the names of the people/things are for example Alice, Bernard, Cesar, Earl, and Fatima, I will write out A B D D E F in my diagram and will proceed to fuck up the rest of the game for at least 5 minutes before I catch it. Is this the test makers' intention or is it something only I do????? It feels like such a waste of time to have to double check, but after doing this for the second time, I'm going to have to every time.
Do you mean you put A B C D E F and add in a D when there isn't one? Because I don't know why you would put A B D D E F (sorry if I'm missing something). You could always try doing Al Be Ce Ea Fa. By putting the second letter you sort of force yourself to look at the names and not add letters for people that don't exist.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 am

I don't make that particular mistake but I'll diagram things wrong just because I read the directions too fast. Like if it says B and D never sit next to eachother I'll put them together. Lately I've been going back over all the directions and making sure what I diagrammed is what it said. I figure it's worth that little bit of time to go over it again instead of making stupid mistakes.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 am

Kikero wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:On unbalanced linear games or undefined grouping games, if the names of the people/things are for example Alice, Bernard, Cesar, Earl, and Fatima, I will write out A B D D E F in my diagram and will proceed to fuck up the rest of the game for at least 5 minutes before I catch it. Is this the test makers' intention or is it something only I do????? It feels like such a waste of time to have to double check, but after doing this for the second time, I'm going to have to every time.
Do you mean you put A B C D E F and add in a D when there isn't one? Because I don't know why you would put A B D D E F (sorry if I'm missing something). You could always try doing Al Be Ce Ea Fa. By putting the second letter you sort of force yourself to look at the names and not add letters for people that don't exist.
YES, see I am just cursed when it comes to LG. I even make mistakes when typing about my mistakes!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lsatprepguy

Bronze

Post by lsatprepguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

I did this as well. I now force myself to physically write the number of variables next to when I list them and then I go back and count them.
Perhaps something you might want to try. The extra 4 seconds to count saves you the trauma if you mess it up right away

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am

lsatprepguy wrote:I did this as well. I now force myself to physically write the number of variables next to when I list them and then I go back and count them.
Perhaps something you might want to try. The extra 4 seconds to count saves you the trauma if you mess it up right away
Unfortunately, I miscount really easily. I don't know why. I'm just not good with numbers lol.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Not to sound like a jerk, but you're gonna have to do something that ensures that you take your time. You can count. You're just not taking your time. Take that 4 extra seconds, as another user said.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

I sometimes fucked up as I misinterpret the condition

Ex) A and B must be in a group A, and I put down "NOT AB" :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”